Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

Recently bought a set to put on my Trinity Advanced Pro which I'll be using for 70.3 and full distances next year.

From the research I've done, people seem to run 23mm front and 25mm rear (but nothing directly about the 2018 version). My personal choice currently on my road bike is GP4000SII. Do any of you have a set and what tyres at which sizes do you find works best for this combination?

Any ideas/advice appreciated

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
Hi guys,

Recently bought a set to put on my Trinity Advanced Pro which I'll be using for 70.3 and full distances next year.

From the research I've done, people seem to run 23mm front and 25mm rear (but nothing directly about the 2018 version). My personal choice currently on my road bike is GP4000SII. Do any of you have a set and what tyres at which sizes do you find works best for this combination?

Any ideas/advice appreciated

Thanks.

I've been running a Vittoria Corsa Speed setup tubeless myself. 23mm both front and back but on that rim they are very wide. We did some aero testing of various tires on the HED JET 6+ in 2017. You might find it interesting. That post is here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that HED's official recommended tire set is the Attack/Force (23mm/25mm) combo. I know there are lots of other tests and options. And, I also love the GP4KS2. But, I decided just to go the simple path and run the Attack/Force on my Jet Black 9/disc combo.

I am running 25mm front & rear GP4KS2 on the Ardennes wheels on my road bike. I just love those tires.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your input guys.

That piece makes interesting reading Thomas. Pretty tempted to try them with VCS but have heard they're pretty fragile. How have you found them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently running Continentall gp rs 25 cm, these are fast and plush........great for all the crappy roads around here.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [LuckyLo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may choose few options:
1. vittoria corsa speed tubeless, will be the fastest (23 or 25mm)
2. conti grand prix TT 25mm + latex tubes, will be a little slower
3. new conti 5000 tubeless, will be somewhere here,but not testing yet

All others will be slower
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [Evgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conti supersonic 20mm in the front, 23 in the rear w/ latex tubes. Barely, if any, slower than the vittorias and a lot more durable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a rarity around here.... not a Conti fan.

I ran 25mm Michelin Power Competition w/ latex tubes on my 6/9 combo and loved them. Fast, nice ride, and zero flats through two seasons

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d run the 23mm Attack up front and the 23mm GP TT rear. You might have an issue fitting a 25mm tire on a Jet+ rim onto the rear of a Trinity. The 23mm GP 5000 is a potential contender as well but we don’t have any crr data on it yet.
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the options/advice guys, the fact a 25mm might not fit properly is another consideration! When the bike arrives I'll stick a 25mm gp4000 on which I have to see what the clearance is like.

Will be interesting to see data on the the GP5000. I'll definitely want semi decent puncture protection so that will also be a consideration for me. I'm a semi decent cyclist but tyre choice isn't gonna see me AG podium! Guess it's finding the balance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the Force to be really tall and wide on the Jet +. It would NOT fit well on my SC or Venge.

The tire I really liked was the Conti TT. Pretty much the Goldilocks tire in terms of Crr and reasonable durability.
Last edited by: grumpier.mike: Nov 17, 18 10:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
Thanks for all the options/advice guys, the fact a 25mm might not fit properly is another consideration! When the bike arrives I'll stick a 25mm gp4000 on which I have to see what the clearance is like.

Will be interesting to see data on the the GP5000. I'll definitely want semi decent puncture protection so that will also be a consideration for me. I'm a semi decent cyclist but tyre choice isn't gonna see me AG podium! Guess it's finding the balance.

I have trinity advanced pro 2017, everything ok with 25mm on zipp wheels. Even got some place more
Last edited by: Evgen: Nov 17, 18 9:47
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6.9 tyre choice [Evgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evgen wrote:
Triheaven wrote:

I have trinity advanced pro 2017, everything ok with 25mm on zipp wheels. Even got some place more

Think the HED's are a wider rim which was the point being made....
Quote Reply