Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Case Against Carbohydrates Gets Stronger [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
For some reason, people believe that eating 6 times a day is good
---

When done wrong, you get an obesity epidemic.

Is the problem really obese people have been following recommended eating guidelines?
Quote Reply
Re: The Case Against Carbohydrates Gets Stronger [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I also go 14-16 hours between my last meal and my first, and get my calories in during the 8-10 hours available. It works well for me.

That's probably the key for weight loss, combined with the reduction of carbs. One of the biggest causes of obesity and the related diseases (diabetes, heart disease etc.) is the number of times people eat in a day. For some reason, people believe that eating 6 times a day is good but that means you get an insulin spike 6 times and that is the root cause of all those diseases.

The food industries greatest fraud was convincing people to eat 6 times a day so "keep your blood sugar level." It's a joke because it the only thing that does is keep your blood sugar and insulin high.

That's what I believe was the greatest driver of me getting back into my comfortable 175-ish (6 foot) range. Played with keto for a few months and still restrict carbs pretty heavily but averaging 1.5 meals per day has me feeling like a rock star on most days.

What I appreciate about the approach of low carb/IF is it does not "feel" like a diet but more so just a healthy way to go about feeding your meat wagon.
Quote Reply
Re: The Case Against Carbohydrates Gets Stronger [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course. Fat people are mindless drones who only do what other people tell them.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next