Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World"
Quote | Reply
This is why we need to get busy expelling the Sunshine State from the U.S. before any more Floridians escape the state and make it out into the wild. ;-)

"A federal judge blasted Florida legislators and election officials during a Thursday hearing to extend the recount deadline in Palm Beach County, saying the state is “the laughingstock of the world election after election and we chose not to fix this.”

U.S. District Judge Mark Walker pointed to the state’s history of tight votes — something that has come under the microscope in the years following the 2000 recount in the presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore — and noted that Palm Beach County wasn’t proactive in preparing for another such recount."

Fact check — let’s face it, absolutely true.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how Governor Scott is throwing such a fit about the whole thing. He's been governor for 8 years and hasn't tried to do jack to improve the election process. The FL Secretary of State is the chief election officer and was appointed by him in 2012. If that guy's job was doing nothing but trying to stack the deck in the Republicans favor then job (almost) well done sir!
Last edited by: onboost91: Nov 15, 18 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [onboost91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onboost91 wrote:
I love how Governor Scott is throwing such a fit about the whole thing. He's been governor for 8 years and hasn't tried to do jack to improve the election process. The FL Secretary of State is the chief election officer and was appointed by him in 2012. If that guy's job was doing nothing but trying to stack the deck in the Republicans favor then job (almost) well done sir!

Can't argue with any of that. How many years has that Professor Snipe lady down in Broward been around mucking things up and Scott didn't do anything about her?

Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be knocking Florida. It's got a lots of nice qualities:

1. The Mouse eared guy,
2. Gatorz,
3. Humidity,
4. Hurricanes,
5. Shark attacks,
6. Miami Beach.

Just don't let them vote.
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
Don't be knocking Florida. It's got a lots of nice qualities:

1. The Mouse eared guy,
2. Gatorz,
3. Humidity,
4. Hurricanes,
5. Shark attacks,
6. Miami Beach.

Just don't let them vote.

Ever. And I mean that. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
This is why we need to get busy expelling the Sunshine State from the U.S. before any more Floridians escape the state and make it out into the wild. ;-)

"A federal judge blasted Florida legislators and election officials during a Thursday hearing to extend the recount deadline in Palm Beach County, saying the state is “the laughingstock of the world election after election and we chose not to fix this.”

U.S. District Judge Mark Walker pointed to the state’s history of tight votes — something that has come under the microscope in the years following the 2000 recount in the presidential election between George W. Bush and Al Gore — and noted that Palm Beach County wasn’t proactive in preparing for another such recount."

I live in Palm Beach County, and we like our recounts.

From hanging chads to mail in ballots, we live for controversy.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nova wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Hahahahaha! How true!

Well, looks like Bucher, Snipes et al. couldn't get it done in time, so now a manual recount is on, baby! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thankful for Florida. If not for that great state, Georgia would be front and center with our ongoing gubernatorial fiasco.

In the words of Quintus from Gladiator: "People should know when they're conquered."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Nova wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Hahahahaha! How true!

Well, looks like Bucher, Snipes et al. couldn't get it done in time, so now a manual recount is on, baby! ;-)

You should quit blaming the entire state when its been just two counties with all the problems.
FYI Counties in the panhandle got all there votes in and counted the night of the elections when just four weeks ago they got flattened by Micheal. Should they not be allowed to vote either?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a resident of FL, the incision needs to happen along I-4: south of I-4 it's a hot mess. North of I-4 things are quite nice and actually rather civil :)
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [Dirt fighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirt fighter wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Nova wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Hahahahaha! How true!

You should quit blaming the entire state when its been just two counties with all the problems.
FYI Counties in the panhandle got all there votes in and counted the night of the elections when just four weeks ago they got flattened by Micheal. Should they not be allowed to vote either?

Yea, take Bay County, they not only counted the legal votes, they also counted ballots submitted illegally. Very impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Federal Judge Calls Florida "Laughingstock of the World" [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
As a resident of FL, the incision needs to happen along I-4: south of I-4 it's a hot mess. North of I-4 things are quite nice and actually rather civil :)
South of I-4 but east of the alley is the hot mess.
Quote Reply