Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Direct Drive Trainer, Easy QR to TA Swap
Quote | Reply
So looking into possibly getting the wife and I a direct drive trainer for the upcoming NE winter, but of the 4 bikes we might use on there, 2 are 142x12 thru axle and 2 use 130x9 QR. Which direct drive trainers have really easy to change end caps so we could swap bikes pretty easily without a huge PITA.

I saw the instructions for the original Kickr and that looks annoying to have to do, but seems like the newer gen units are just end caps you can pop off by hand, is that the case?
Quote Reply
Re: Direct Drive Trainer, Easy QR to TA Swap [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it takes about 10 seconds on my 1st gen kickr. you replace the non-drive side insert and there's a little doohicky you have to screw into the drive side. there might be one other little thing you have to do but it's a super simply procedure
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Nov 15, 18 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: Direct Drive Trainer, Easy QR to TA Swap [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
So looking into possibly getting the wife and I a direct drive trainer for the upcoming NE winter, but of the 4 bikes we might use on there, 2 are 142x12 thru axle and 2 use 130x9 QR. Which direct drive trainers have really easy to change end caps so we could swap bikes pretty easily without a huge PITA.

I saw the instructions for the original Kickr and that looks annoying to have to do, but seems like the newer gen units are just end caps you can pop off by hand, is that the case?

i got this email this morning: "Your review was a contributing factor, so I thought I’d let you know. Scratch and dent, 20pc off winter sale, $720." you'll see that review on our home page; you'll see both a CycleOps Hammer and the new H2. almost identical. one is set up for thru axle, the other for QR. easy peasy. 20 seconds, as is explained above for other trainers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply