Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Homecoming (Amazon Prime Original) - UPDATED FOR SEASON 2
Quote | Reply
Anyone watch this abomination? Did anyone think it was any good? I have questions and spoilers to ask.

I thought it was terrible.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Last edited by: JSA: May 27, 20 17:20
Quote Reply
Re: Homecoming (Netflix Original) [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't watch the show, but I listened to the Gimlet podcast the show was based on. I thought the podcast was pretty good. Disappointing if the adaptation to TV didn't work, especially because of the big names involved.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched it on Amazon Prime and I really liked it. What's your beef with it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Anyone watch this abomination? Did anyone think it was any good? I have questions and spoilers to ask.

I thought it was terrible.

amazon

watched it

terrible
Quote Reply
Re: Homecoming (Netflix Original) [Ga Dawgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ga Dawgs wrote:
I watched it on Amazon Prime and I really liked it. What's your beef with it?

I thought it was poorly done, lacked intrigue, and was all-around just a downer. The cast was great. The acting fine. The story line was a bit weak and predictable. At the end, I just said, "man, that was dumb." It was supposed to feel like an episode of The Twilight Zone both in content and format?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Homecoming (Netflix Original) [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazon. Thank you. Change the OP.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Amazon. Thank you. Change the OP.

Big Bobby C. fan. Was hoping he was going to end up far tougher, more dark etc.

Didn't feel like anything ended or tied together.

About 1/2 way through I was going to pull the plug but I thought there would be a decent plot twist or something.

If the episodes were 60 minutes I would not have finished.

I started "The Romanovs" and pulled the plug after 2 for this reason

Edit: also big Mr Robot fan. Was hoping it would develop more like that.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Nov 15, 18 10:52
Quote Reply
Re: Homecoming (Amazon Prime Original) [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not watching it now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been watching it, waiting for something intriguing to occur and realizing it's just boring. I can already predict what's coming so I've lost my motivation to continue the series. I'm also reading a book that's terrible but I'm halfway through it so I'll trudge on and finish just for shits and giggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welp, despite the fact that I trashed Season 1 of Homecoming, I decided to give Season 2 a try.

I was pleasantly surprised! Certainly not the best series I have watched, but, Season 2 is much better than Season 1.

Season 2 seems to start with a wholly unrelated story line, but, we quickly learn Season 2 picks up right were Season 1 left off. We learn some surprises regarding what the owner of Geist did and did not know. We get a complete explanation of how we got where were got in Season 1, what happened, and the fallout. Better story, better acting, better writing.

That ending is wonderfully satisfying! Loved the ending! You don't "need" a Season 3 because you get closure, but, oh baby could Season 3 be great!

Each episode is 30-40 min. Eight episodes. Good watch. I hate to say it, but, you need to go through Season 1 first, but, IMO, it is worth it for Season 2.

Quote Reply
Re: Homecoming (Amazon Prime Original) - UPDATED FOR SEASON 2 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stopped after the first few episodes of season 1. Just couldn't get into it.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply