Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Smart Trainer
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of upgrading from my very old, falling apart Tacx Flow, and I'm looking to get opinions on the best smart trainer for the money. Does anyone have experience with the Tacx Flux Smart? Is the Cycleops H2 worth the extra money? Any what about apps, is the Tacx app adequate or is it worth the money to sign up for Zwift or TrainerRoad?

Click the link to see my other
Triathlon Tips
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [ironheintz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check DC Rainmaker's site. He just did a comprehensive review.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll definitely give that a look.

Triathlon Tips
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd highly recommend a Kickr Core (or Kickr if you have the $$) over the Tacx. Just based on my own experience, and a few others i know with Tacx trainers...
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I'd highly recommend a Kickr Core (or Kickr if you have the $$) over the Tacx. Just based on my own experience, and a few others i know with Tacx trainers...

was that any tacx trainers or just their initial batch of flux trainers that they had manufacturing issues that were since corrected. I had a tacx vortex smart trainer (wheel on type) and had zero issues with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as others pointed out, dcrainmaker has lots of good reviews. I got an elite direto on sale and it works perfectly. If I was buying today, I would buy one of the models of cycleops hammers as I'm a fan of cycleops after they replaced an old fluid 2 trainer of mine, no questions asked, when fluid leaked.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Cyclops Hammer that I got on a killer sale.
I really like it.
Keep your eyes peeled.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to thank everyone for the feedback, it's been really helpful. Saved some $$ with the discount on dcrainmaker's site and got a great deal on the Cyclops H2. Can't wait to get set up and ride!

Triathlon Tips
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you got 20% off.....
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal on the Hammer, I missed out on one few weeks ago that was $500 :(
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a deal on the Hammer, I missed out on one few weeks ago that was $500 :(

I think that was a screw up on Amazon and nobody got the deal.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wasn't on amazon, it was actually in person at a LBS, they had a floor/demo unit at that price, with full warranty. didn't pull the trigger quickly enough. Now I'm kicking myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
It wasn't on amazon, it was actually in person at a LBS, they had a floor/demo unit at that price, with full warranty. didn't pull the trigger quickly enough. Now I'm kicking myself.

Bugger! Pre-owned Kickr or a CORE is still the best 'value' going around here*.

*Here isn't near anywhere else. Summer is almost here and people are off-loading ergos.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I hear you, I think once you factor in shipping from down under it might not much of a deal :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycleops has a pre-winter sale going now until 11/19, 20% off everything online or @ your LBS. Coupon code is WINTER18
Quote Reply
Re: Best Smart Trainer [Acsp34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure there will be some black friday deals. Last week, CleverTraining had 20% one item for any of their VIP members. And as VIP membership is all of $10 (lifetime) it was a hell of a time to buy a high-end smart trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There will likely be a good number of used NEOs offered up for sale as their owners look to upgrade to the NEO2

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply