Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To aero geeks: Upgrade on an old setup or wait for a modern bike [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
yeah definitely go back to the 130mm stem, slammed on a minimal bearing cover / dust cap.

You might consider a -17 from Zipp or something.

Well, after a few months of road cycling only, the urgent need to go back to some TT/Tri fit is coming back, since I plan to do my Tri debut in one month.
I will start very progressively with a sprint Tri.
I'll also spend zero dollars on material, just working on position is enough for now.

Anyways, I listened to ericMPro and installed a 130 mm +/-17 deg. stem, my Zipp Vuka ALumina extensions on my road bike setup, with an ISM Road saddle, and reversed Ritchey seat topper. That way I still have a UCI legal setup !!

https://www.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

LOuis :-)
Last edited by: louisn: Jul 4, 19 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: To aero geeks: Upgrade on an old setup or wait for a modern bike [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the bike, with a "budget" TT/Tri dedicated cockpit. I wass careful to route the housings as aero as possible. The front shifter housing is half an inch too short, I'll have to put another one though. I installed the disc today, and a 40mm front (the 56mm wheel's bearings need to be changed). I'm going out for a highway spin to see how it feels, almost no wind today. Since it's a road bike with a TT fit, it's really "nervous". I have to be calm and balanced on the bike. I know, compact chainrings :-). I might put my hands on some 52-36 combo eventually...
Comments are welcomed.

Louis :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next