Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sole F80, 85 Owners
Quote | Reply
I have recently purchased a Sole F80 treadmill.

The manual says it is blue tooth capable so I'm assuming the heart rate strap that comes with it is BT only. I would like to have my real time heart rate show on the treadmill screen and my garmin watch that is not blue tooth compatible.

I have a CABLE ANT+ to blue tooth adapter that I used to use for Zwift. Can I pair my CABLE adapter to my Sole F80. The manual explains how to the Sole app only.

Has anyone had any success with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [Calvin386] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use an F80, but I'm not sure I understand the question. You are trying to get heart rate to display on your garmin and the treadmill from a single monitor? I don't think heart rate monitors can output to more than one device at a time. If your Garmin has an optical sensor you could use that and then let your strap connect to the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [dmagic17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dmagic17 wrote:
I use an F80, but I'm not sure I understand the question. You are trying to get heart rate to display on your garmin and the treadmill from a single monitor? I don't think heart rate monitors can output to more than one device at a time. If your Garmin has an optical sensor you could use that and then let your strap connect to the treadmill.

Multiple devices can read the ANT+ signal at one time, so via ANT+ you should be able to have your one HRM displayed on multiple ANT+ devices. With Bluetooth, it is a one to one connection (at least for now). The op seems to have tried to connect the ANT+ signal to the watch AND to the CABLE bridge. If I interpret the question correctly, the OP is trying to connect the CABLE Bluetooth HR transmission to the F80. The OP can correct me if I am wrong here.

---

To the OP, I am interested in this as well. I just got an F85. I have only used it twice, but I have NOT figured out how to connect my HRM to it. I use a Tickr, which transmits Bluetooth, so it should connect directly without a CABLE. Have you been able to connect your F80 to Zwift? I am not sure if the sole F80/F85 supports that or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [dmagic17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Garmin heart rate strap is ant+ transmitter. You can have an unlimited amount of receivers as ant+ does not pair it only transmits.

I guess the question is... How do I pair a blue tooth device (in this case the CABLE adapter) to the Sole F80?

The manual only discusses the how to pair with the Sole app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see. Yea I'm not aware of any menu or pairing feature. It just picks up what it picks up.

To the poster above regarding Zwift - I don't believe Soles have a CSAFE data port yet which would sync with Zwift to control hills, transmit data, etc. However, you can use a footpod which I believe is what most Zwift runners are doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:
dmagic17 wrote:

Multiple devices can read the ANT+ signal at one time, so via ANT+ you should be able to have your one HRM displayed on multiple ANT+ devices. With Bluetooth, it is a one to one connection (at least for now). The op seems to have tried to connect the ANT+ signal to the watch AND to the CABLE bridge. If I interpret the question correctly, the OP is trying to connect the CABLE Bluetooth HR transmission to the F80. The OP can correct me if I am wrong here.

---

To the OP, I am interested in this as well. I just got an F85. I have only used it twice, but I have NOT figured out how to connect my HRM to it. I use a Tickr, which transmits Bluetooth, so it should connect directly without a CABLE. Have you been able to connect your F80 to Zwift? I am not sure if the sole F80/F85 supports that or not.

I don't believe it will pair with Zwift. I'm going to try to pair to the CABLE adapter... I'll let you know how that goes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just adding to this thread since I found it while searching for info related to a bluetooth HR strap connecting to a Sole F80.

I haven't used the Sole-specific heart rate strap, but my Scosche Rhythm+ strap connects perfectly to my F80. I think my F80 is a 2019. I just have to click the button with the heart and bluetooth symbol on it and it finds my Scosche. I may have to click that button before starting the workout, but I don't remember off the top of my head.

It's pretty nice having the HR show up on screen and record on my watch at the same time. I'm pretty sure the Sole strap is not BT as there wasn't any BT symbol on the device or packaging.
Last edited by: dangle: Mar 25, 19 13:04
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just looked up the 2019 version and it has a few new features including the heart rate monitor button. I have the previous model and it does not have that.

I have not found a way to connect any heart rate monitor other than the one that came with the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That stinks. I'll leave my previous post up for people seeking info on 2019+ models.
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this from nearly 3 years ago.

I just noticed the most recent software update on my F85 (v2.1?) has a Garmin app that asks me to connect a Garmin device. I haven't explored it yet but does anyone know what the functionality is here?
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still on v 1.0 for my f80. How do I update this? USB dongle?!
Quote Reply
Re: Sole F80, 85 Owners [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My F85 connected to my wifi.
Quote Reply