Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POTUS Kneeling military disrespect
Quote | Reply
Are people ready to admit that POTUS played everyone, with all his tweets on the NFL kneeling situation, fanned the flames and made the issue about the military, for some reason other than Military respect? Given his performance over Veterans day weekend, I think POTUS disrespect the military far more than some people kneeling during the national anthem.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think POTUS is setting himself up for the worst election beating since Roosevelt v. Landon

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
I think POTUS is setting himself up for the worst election beating since Roosevelt v. Landon

I think that you underestimate the GOPers. They will continue to blindly follow this idiot "Because... Obama!"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a PR front the President played the kneeling controversy pretty well. He bagged on the spoiled rich guys who hate the military and the NFL made a policy ( short lived as it was) they must stand for the anthem. (now I think they just stay I the tunnel) Still the effect of being on camera kneeling is gone..

Fast forward to this season, there is minimal to zero coverage of any kneeling, there is no talk of a protest and the message the players were trying to get out there has been forgotten, at least in terms of visibility on NFL Sunday.

I haven't seen a single kneeling player or it even mentioned this year in any NFL game I have watched, granted not many.

As far the reasons he did it, like everything else, it was to fire up his base.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How dare you insult General Bonespurs! He was smart enough not to get captured in Viet Nam, unlike some other chumps. Not only that, he will take a stand against those loser troops that were dumb enough to be captured.
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
mck414 wrote:

I think that you underestimate the GOPers. They will continue to blindly follow this idiot "Because... Obama!"

Bullshit. Nice broad brush you are painting with there. There are plenty in the GOP that aren't Trumpers. But go ahead, paint away. Now, if the Dems rig the primary for Hilary again, he may win. And the Dems will blindly follow her lead too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Are people ready to admit that POTUS played everyone, with all his tweets on the NFL kneeling situation, fanned the flames and made the issue about the military, for some reason other than Military respect? Given his performance over Veterans day weekend, I think POTUS disrespect the military far more than some people kneeling during the national anthem.

I really don’t get this. On what planet are people dumb enough to think he supports the military? I was trying to be charitable but I’m starting to believe Trump supporters are just plain idiots.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fixed it for you...

FishyJoe wrote:
How dare you insult
Private Bonespurs! He was smart enough not to get captured in Viet Nam, unlike some other chumps. Not only that, he will take a stand against those loser troops that were dumb enough to be captured.

Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
DavHamm wrote:

I really don’t get this. On what planet are people dumb enough to think he supports the military? I was trying to be charitable but I’m starting to believe Trump supporters are just plain idiots.

Seriously, he is spending possibly over 100 million dollars and keeping soldiers from their family during Thanksgiving for a campaign stunt. All the while veterans using the GI Bill are not getting their payments due to issues at the VA, resulting in them being kicked out of school and their homes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    I think the military, for Trump, is just like everything and everyone else; something to be used for personal, even if fleetingly brief, gain. No thing and no person is off limits...which is beyond sad.
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goosedog wrote:
Nah.

Only Trump can skip a WWI memorial then skip the traditional Veterans Day observation at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier even though he was in the White House Monday and still not extract the slightest criticism from the The Base.
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
BLeP wrote:
mck414 wrote:

Bullshit. Nice broad brush you are painting with there. There are plenty in the GOP that aren't Trumpers. But go ahead, paint away. Now, if the Dems rig the primary for Hilary again, he may win. And the Dems will blindly follow her lead too...

Prove me wrong...

The proof would be the GOP picking someone else to run in 2020. But that ain't going to happen.

I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Bullshit. Nice broad brush you are painting with there. There are plenty in the GOP that aren't Trumpers. But go ahead, paint away. Now, if the Dems rig the primary for Hilary again, he may win. And the Dems will blindly follow her lead too... "

Last I checked, he had an 85% approval rating among Republicans. So if by plenty you mean 15%, then sure, I guess.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to be charitable but I’m starting to believe Trump supporters are just plain idiots.

You're starting to believe...

Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Goosedog wrote:
Nah.

Only Trump can skip a WWI memorial then skip the traditional Veterans Day observation at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier even though he was in the White House Monday and still not extract the slightest criticism from the The Base.

True outrage will only come out when Trump does a latte salute getting off Marine One.
Quote Reply
Re: POTUS Kneeling military disrespect [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
trail wrote:
Goosedog wrote:
Nah.

True outrage will only come out when Trump does a latte salute getting off Marine One.

Imagine if Trump actually started punking everyone by purposefully doing the exact same things Obama did just to see if he would be criticized by the right. Effectively testing his claim that he could shoot someone....

Now I know it's not going to happen because that would take a level self-awareness and confidence I don't think he possesses, but it would be funny.
Quote Reply