Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
    Generally I agree, and think there is an Acosta problem, mostly because Trump is Trump to all the reporters, but Acosta feels the need to make his moments more grandstanding and full of "resist" than most reporters, even if those other reporters ask the same questions. What I wonder is if Trump can have Acosta in the room and just not call on him...is there really a problem with that (other than Trump wanting a fight because he always thinks he wins)? I'd think that if CNN goes for a few WH pressers without being called on, they'd make the decision to replace Acosta.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a discussion with Dana Perrino (GWs Press Secretary) and she said that's how they typically dealt with such issues - basically a time out for the out of control reporter for a period of time. The problem is that Acosta would likely just cause a ruckus regardless. All the more reason Trump should've let Acosta aggravate the other reporters and they'd take care of the issue themselves.

But, like I said prior, no asshole is gonna out-asshole Trump, not on Trump's watch.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Consider the possibility that both Fox and CNN aren't real news.

They each have their biases. That does not mean they aren't real news. I don't go to CNN because I am not a fan of their site layout. If you go to any of NBC, CNN, or Fox you will notice some things. The biggest difference is what stories are and are not front and center. Fox also promotes their opinion pieces more heavily. Kind of like if a pure news site wrapped the borders with Huffington.

But the actual facts in the actual news stories are pretty consistent across them. One or the other may take a more overwrought tone depending on the story, but none of them are out there intentionally making up things from thin air in the stories that are presented as news.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jmh wrote:

They each have their biases. That does not mean they aren't real news. I don't go to CNN because I am not a fan of their site layout. If you go to any of NBC, CNN, or Fox you will notice some things. The biggest difference is what stories are and are not front and center. Fox also promotes their opinion pieces more heavily. Kind of like if a pure news site wrapped the borders with Huffington.

But the actual facts in the actual news stories are pretty consistent across them. One or the other may take a more overwrought tone depending on the story, but none of them are out there intentionally making up things from thin air in the stories that are presented as news.

"They both have their biases" is an understatement. That was my point, with a bit of hyperbole, for effect. I don't rely on either for my news because of the bias.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Why is it I envision several people looking like this right now?

Do three of them sit on a sofa on TV and use the word "outrageous" a lot?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I saw a discussion with Dana Perrino (GWs Press Secretary) and she said that's how they typically dealt with such issues - basically a time out for the out of control reporter for a period of time. The problem is that Acosta would likely just cause a ruckus regardless. All the more reason Trump should've let Acosta aggravate the other reporters and they'd take care of the issue themselves.

But, like I said prior, no asshole is gonna out-asshole Trump, not on Trump's watch.

"Woodward argued that CNN was taking Trump’s bait by pursuing a federal case, adding, “This is negative. Trump is sitting around saying, ‘This is great.’”

The orange haired one has the last laugh again?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
But, he did ask this: "...do you think that you demonized immigrants in this election?"

Does Acosta really think the President is going to say "Yes". The question is designed to be incendiary and combative. It's not designed to elicit information.

You know, you can admit this and still believe Acosta has a right to do what he does if that's what his network wants him to do.

Not sure I agree. Just because we all know what the tone and answer will be doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked. Trump's answer (or lack thereof) and temperament is telling. People deserve to see that.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
j p o wrote:
jmh wrote:

"They both have their biases" is an understatement. That was my point, with a bit of hyperbole, for effect. I don't rely on either for my news because of the bias.

That's all well and good, but neither is it Trump/Huckabee's place to decide what qualifies as 'news'...
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CNN has to have multiple dozens of reporters with a whitehouse hardpass... just send someone else. Fuck Acosta and fuck CNN if they keep this up. CNN is supposed to report the news.. not create it..
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
CNN has to have multiple dozens of reporters with a whitehouse hardpass... just send someone else. Fuck Acosta and fuck CNN if they keep this up. CNN is supposed to report the news.. not create it..

You really don't understand the importance of this, do you?

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say let Acosta back in but don't ever call on him to answer another question. He'll go away on his own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Question: What is your primary news source? Does it have a bias?
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
I say let Acosta back in but don't ever call on him to answer another question. He'll go away on his own.

Of course. That's how an adult would have handled it. But, well...

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The "verdict" is in: CNN wins, Trump loses. This was Trump judge so it's be interested in Trump's reaction.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

The white house is supposed to follow the constitution. The judge just ruled it is a 5A issue (and possibly a 1A) and the white house needs to give Acosta back his pass.
Last edited by: chaparral: Nov 16, 18 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

The white house is supposed to follow the constitution. The judge just ruled it is a 5A issue (and possibly a 1A) and the white house needs to give Acosta back his pass.

And, it's just a ruling on the request for a temporary restraining order, so CNN still has to prove its case on the merits in order for Acosta to get his press pass back permanently.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Now that he has his pass back, is there anything to force Trump to call on him? for the next two years could Trump never call on him again? Of course as Ken says, that's not very adult of him, but we know that won't matter. Acosta may now be the invisible man in that room.
Quote Reply
Re: CNN Sues White House Over revocation of Acosta's Press Pass [ACE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ACE wrote:
chaparral wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Now that he has his pass back, is there anything to force Trump to call on him? for the next two years could Trump never call on him again? Of course as Ken says, that's not very adult of him, but we know that won't matter. Acosta may now be the invisible man in that room.

Trump will call on him because they are both arseholes
Quote Reply

Prev Next