Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
This might his greatest comment:

Quote:

"If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID," Trump said. "They try to shame everybody by calling them racist, or calling them something, anything they can think of, when you say you want voter ID. But voter ID is a very important thing."

The only better than that are the highlights of the article:

Quote:

• President Donald Trump appeared to incorrectly suggest that buying cereal requires shoppers to present identification — and therefore should do so when voting.
  • Buying cereal does not require ID.
  • Trump made the comments as part of his latest vendetta against voter fraud and "illegal voting," though he provided no evidence that either occurred during the 2018 midterm elections.

There are people that are still going to vote for this man. What is worse, that he believe it or that knows it is a lie?
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Francois wrote:
The Russian front was crucial in defeating Germany.

Sausage grinder. Damn, that front was nasty.

^This

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of how they stopped numbering the Battles of Yrpes and giving them other names... gets depressing.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of how they stopped numbering the Battles of Yrpes and giving them other names... gets depressing.

Yeah, they used to call it the Battle of Ypres :)
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
Early on in the race once narrowed to trump vs Clinton I saw a bumper sticker that captured him in all his glory ...

“Trump skis in jeans”

drn92

I saw that sticker on Saturday! So funny I took a photo of it!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Andrewmc wrote:
“It was Germany in World Wars One & Two — How did that work out for France? They were starting to learn German in Paris before the U.S. came along. Pay for NATO or not!”

This is just gold............... On so many levels

It's like the ad for a slightly used French rifle; dropped once

I am a fully paid up francophile, but that is funny for being so wrong on so many levels

And let's not forget that John Kerry was called an elitist because he spoke French. But I digress, how did this moron ever get elected as president?

Jokingly: the average American speaks less than one language......we don't even have a basic mastery of English.

In seriousness: this kind of crap is out there everywhere. There's people who have ICE or police called on them in public because they're overhead speaking in Spanish (or a foreign language) in someplace like Wisconsin or Iowa. How exactly do you call ICE on someone anyway? It's ridiculous. Most of Europe speaks multiple languages. America is an outlier in our abilities or lack thereof with language.

And you can't call our lack of a mastery of English just a "dialect or regional" thing. I say that while starting a sentence with "and". Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
There's people who have ICE or police called on them in public because they're overhead speaking in Spanish (or a foreign language) in someplace like Wisconsin or Iowa.

When I read that tweet I was surprised that Agent Orange at least seems to know that France and Germany have different languages! I mean it is not long ago that he stated that Belgium is a nice city and mixed up Balkan and Baltics...

Is there hope that he has gotten on some kind of learning curve after all?
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there hope that he has gotten on some kind of learning curve after all?

Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
drn92 wrote:
Early on in the race once narrowed to trump vs Clinton I saw a bumper sticker that captured him in all his glory ...

“Trump skis in jeans”

drn92

I saw that sticker on Saturday! So funny I took a photo of it!

https://www.powder.com/...iing-in-jeans-rules/
Quote Reply
Re: Unquestionably Trumps greatest ever tweet today [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's a non-drinker.. so I dont know if that's good or bad but you cant call him an alcoholic.

I know that his father was an alcoholic as well as his deceased brother, so, perhaps with good reason one would expect that Donald Trump himself would be an abstainer and a non-drinker. But of course this is the man who with almost every second or third thing he says is lying. He has no credibility with ANYTHING he says - so the "I don't drink" line could be, just that . . a line. True alcoholics can function at a VERY high level and keep it well hidden and will obviously deny it whenever they are questioned on it.

We had this in Toronto with our now infamous Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Doug ( now unfortunately the Premier of the province of Ontario)

Rob and Doug said over and over and over again - that "I/Rob never drinks". They would go OUT OF THERE WAY with the media to emphasis this (a bit of a tell right there). Then it came to light that Rob did drink . . . a bit. Doug's comment "Sure he has a few pops. What's the problem". Then Rob was discovered staggering around a downtown Toronto street one night. Doug's comment "OK he was drunk, who has not been that way every now and then!" Shortly after that, Rob admitted to smoking cocaine, while in a one of his "drunken stupors". Then shortly after all that, Doug said "Rob's got some problems and we are sending him to rehab".

Total time lapse on the above - just over a year. How do you go from never ever drinking to drunken stupors and smoking crack in a year - you were lying about the not drinking at the get-go!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next