Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

USA Long Course Champs: Roll Down
Quote | Reply
I’m looking at the qualifying process from MiamiMan results to be selected for Worlds in Spain and I’m curious about roll-down historically.

Top 16, rolling down no farther than 25th.

Anybody know how likely it is that places 18, 19, 20 get invited?
Quote Reply
Re: USA Long Course Champs: Roll Down [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
About 100%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, did you (or has anyone else) been contacted by USAT about Long Course Worlds spots / roll down spots from the Miami Man race.

After having a decent day at 70.3 Santa Cruz in Sept, I crapped the bed in Miami, but still crawled into the top 25. I haven't seen any emails though.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Long Course Champs: Roll Down [XianoBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been contacted for reservations & travel packages but nothing else yet. I think there was an itinerary in an email. I'd have to check on that. If you are in a roll down likely it'll happen & they have to secure the top 18 I think it is, before they start rolling? Just a guess? Likely there is a due date you have to put a desposit down on & I don't recall what that is. But hang in there. Not many want to spend the dough to get to Spain I'd think. They'll be lucky if they fill the 18 spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was invited last year at 19
Quote Reply
Re: USA Long Course Champs: Roll Down [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
.... I'd have to check on that. If you are in a roll down likely it'll happen & they have to secure the top 18 I think it is, before they start rolling? Just a guess? Likely there is a due date you have to put a desposit down on & I don't recall what that is. But hang in there. Not many want to spend the dough to get to Spain I'd think. They'll be lucky if they fill the 18 spots.
No idea on the LD rolldowns but I'm in the Sprint and Oly for Lausanne and the due date for our registrations is near the end of January. I qualified for both at Nationals and the registration e-mail just got to "us".

After that I imagine rolldown slots will be opened by those that don't register. Since there's a smaller window between the LD qualifier and Worlds, the registration window could be tighter.

I've been doing Worlds for the last five years and I've never seen the AGs fill so I'm guessing they roll all the way down in most cases.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Figure out your placing by rolling up the ages to next years age groups. See if you are still 25th or better.
Quote Reply