Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feel good political story
Quote | Reply
A week ago, conservatives were handed some red meat when Pete Davidson, a SNL (Saturday Night Live) comic, made fun of Dan Crenshaw, Republican Congressman elect, who wears an eye patch after losing his eye in Afghanistan.

But the wind kinda went out of the sails of the conservative pundits when Crenshaw responded by saying it was a bad joke but that he wasn't going to make a bid deal out of it.

Then, Crenshaw appeared on SNL. Here 's story about it, which includes a lint to a video of the two on SNL.

Touching backstory about Davidson.

Whole thing gives me hope.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
A week ago, conservatives were handed some red meat when Pete Davidson, a SNL (Saturday Night Live) comic, made fun of Dan Crenshaw, Republican Congressman elect, who wears an eye patch after losing his eye in Afghanistan.

But the wind kinda went out of the sails of the conservative pundits when Crenshaw responded by saying it was a bad joke but that he wasn't going to make a bid deal out of it.

Then, Crenshaw appeared on SNL. Here 's story about it, which includes a lint to a video of the two on SNL.

I watched SNL and Crenshaw showed nothing but class. SNL did the right thing by inviting him and having the discussion. It was a very good segment and the part where Arianna Grande's song was Crenshaw's ringtone was hilarious.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
the part where Arianna Grande's song was Crenshaw's ringtone was hilarious.

That was very funny. Unfortunately, that joke had to be explained to me before I got it. Old fart, I am.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
the part where Arianna Grande's song was Crenshaw's ringtone was hilarious.

That was very funny. Unfortunately, that joke had to be explained to me before I got it. Old fart, I am.

I'm 53.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Self-deprecation and humility is so refreshing following the recent hell-broth of self-righteous campaign posturing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

You selected some really interesting modifiers for Dan Crenshaw... Here are some more: He was an admin for a facebook group that posted neo-nazi slogans and posted their support of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville (as well as all the standard racist bile and conspiracy theories that typically pop up in GOP discussions). This is the sort of person you think decent people should joke around with and normalize?

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-candidates-racist-far-right-facebook-1099744
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

Could be, but Davidson is still a douchebag. I honestly have no idea why people seem to think he's funny or entertaining.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read the article for which you provided a URL address?

According to the article, being an "admin" of a facebook page simple means that you have rights to post. But I'm no facebook expert, nor have any knowledge of Crenshaw other than the article I linked in the OP. So is being a facebook admin the same thing as a moderator? Did Crenshaw post or review neo-nazi stuff? Other than being an "admin" does he have a history of that stuff?

________
Last edited by: H-: Nov 13, 18 14:18
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [WILLEATFORFOOD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
H- wrote:

You selected some really interesting modifiers for Dan Crenshaw... Here are some more: He was an admin for a facebook group that posted neo-nazi slogans and posted their support of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville (as well as all the standard racist bile and conspiracy theories that typically pop up in GOP discussions). This is the sort of person you think decent people should joke around with and normalize?

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-candidates-racist-far-right-facebook-1099744[/quote[/url]]

And the feel good portion of the story ends...

Everyone out the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
WILLEATFORFOOD wrote:
H- wrote:

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-candidates-racist-far-right-facebook-1099744[/quote[/url]]

And the feel good portion of the story ends...

Everyone out the pool.

I'm truly, genuinely sorry that I ruined your opportunity to bro-out with a guy who tacitly supports nazis and racists.

Given your other posts on here, I feel really confident another one of those opportunities will be swinging your way sometime soon... Just hang in there DJ.
Last edited by: WILLEATFORFOOD: Nov 13, 18 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: Feel good political story [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Self-deprecation and humility is so refreshing following the recent hell-broth of self-righteous campaign posturing.

Donald Trump is the greatest at self-deprecation. No one can do self-deprecation as well as him. He invented it.
(...psssst, Melanie, what is self-deprecation?)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply