Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling at IMAZ (for the sherpa who needs to train)
Quote | Reply
(This worked so well for St. George I thought I'd try it again).

Hey y'all,

I'm headed to IMAZ to cheer and sherpa but also looking to get in a ~3 hour ride on Saturday. I'm staying in Tempe.

Can I safely solo ride the bike course the day before? Can you recommend a great route or shop ride I can join? Is there a beautiful ride I can't miss? Flat is fine, hills are fine, and driving a little is fine too.

Thanks in advance!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling at IMAZ (for the sherpa who needs to train) [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can ride the bike course the day before. I know the Phoenix Metro Bicycle Club usually has a ride on Saturday's. Last I knew they take off from Kiwanis park in Tempe, further south of Ironman Village. You could take the Ironman course out and hang a right onto Bush highway, that will take you out to Saguarro lake and up Usery Pass road.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling at IMAZ (for the sherpa who needs to train) [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There’s a convenience store on the Beeline soon after you get out of Tempe/ASU region. Start from there and just ride the Beeline.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't bother with riding the course. It's not very good riding.

I'd recommend the Bicycle Ranch group ride. http://www.bicycleranch.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The beeline isn't anything special. For something safer and more scenic, I recommend driving to Apache Wash Trailhead and then head east down Sonoran parkway, north on cave creek road toward Bartlett lake. You will most likely have to turn around before you hit the 90' mark. https://www.phoenix.gov/...ons/sonoran-preserve

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling at IMAZ (for the sherpa who needs to train) [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlentzke wrote:
The beeline isn't anything special. For something safer and more scenic, I recommend driving to Apache Wash Trailhead and then head east down Sonoran parkway, north on cave creek road toward Bartlett lake. You will most likely have to turn around before you hit the 90' mark. https://www.phoenix.gov/...ons/sonoran-preserve

This is a great ride. highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling at IMAZ (for the sherpa who needs to train) [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks y'all, I'll ride Sonoran Parkway to Cave Creek. I appreciate your wisdom!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy! Stop at Local Jonny's on the way back in Cave Creek. You wont be disappointed in their espresso

Toro Performance
Quote Reply