Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In?
Quote | Reply
I don’t really have anything meaningful to contribute other than I’ll be there after a 5 year hiatus from Ironman.

But I’m honored to be riding Dave Mirra’s stealth black Cervelo P5 so it’ll be cool (and a bit emotional) to see it racked in an event again.

Hope to see some Twitchers there!

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, very undertrained just looking to enjoy the day and not walk too much of the run. This is more of a vacay for my daughter and I as we'll be checking out the Grand Canyon and other cool stuff. Good luck to all who are racing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A very poignant moment at IMLP 2015 was when they had a shot in the post race video of Dave’s daughters running up to him to give him a hug. Always liked the way he wanted to earn a KQ slot—not take the celebrity shortcut. Nice to see that bike rolling again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there! Was supposed to do IMFL but signed up for a foundation spot once everything was up in the air. Being in San Diego, it will be hassle free — hopefully! Did it last year and enjoyed it. Good luck everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup... hoping for some cloud cover... makes the bike a little easier.
Last edited by: woof: Nov 12, 18 14:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there running between the course and the breweries. Anyone interested in doing some laps with me lmk.

And Bruce after the swim workouts I've been giving you if you don't set an IM swim PB we are going to have a chat. A very serious chat!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road trippin' down with the pups as we speak - should get to my folks' house in S'dale later tonight.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Last edited by: owtbac86: Nov 12, 18 14:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be there doing it. Nice to sleep in own bed night before and right after race.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, when he first started thinking about going to Kona he pondered his options but it was cool that he didn’t choose the easy way. He never did at anything really. He wanted to put in all the work just like the rest of us. So cool.

Cheers,

thechromedome
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I’ll set a PB for the IMAZ swim course at least! :)

If my swim sucks, which is very likely, it won’t be because of your swim workouts anyway. They’ve been awesome, challenging, and dare I say fun......

Cheers,

thechromedome
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I will be there running between the course and the breweries. Anyone interested in doing some laps with me lmk.

Better have some beer waiting for me!
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [woof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highs are projected to be in the 70's the rest of the week and into the weekend. The lows are in the 50's and we have gone below that in the last few mornings here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toeing the line this year as well, good luck everyone! I will try to beat the sunset;)
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for my first full... Started to feel under the weather on Tuesday. Rested as much as I could today between packing. Travel tomorrow and then it's as little as possible until Sunday. Wish me luck guys...
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [aavlee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same boat buddy, lay low tomorrow and lightly kick the legs out Friday and Saturday...less is more! Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!
It doesn't look like there will be a Slowtwich gathering this year as in previous years at Tribe Multisport store?

Safe travels everyone!
Have a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not this year but hopefully will toe the starting line in 2019. Had to withdraw from 2017 as fractured my toes 4 weeks out from race date. have had 2 foot surgeries since so deferred my 2018 entry to 2019....fingers crossed for next year
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [dah5609] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be my first full. According to my wife it will be my only full.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be out there. 7th time on this course and not sure what to think of the swim course change. Will probably bust out the mirrored goggles. I'll be hanging mid pack to make y'all look better.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2018 This Sunday - Who’s In? [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel a little undertrained as well, but I'm here to enjoy the day. IM village was very quiet this afternoon. Looking forward to game day!
Quote Reply