Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Champions and Premier League so far....
Quote | Reply
We're about to hit the brutal December stretch in the EPL season and Champions league is winding down the group stage. I've really been enjoying the Premier League this fall so far. I think the race will be much tighter this year than last year, but expect City to have it wrapped up before the final match day.

Manchester City is only leading by 2 points to Liverpool. While I think Liverpool has put all their stock into winning the league title this year, City is just too dominate and will repeat their title. What is their goal differential right now? They seem to almost score at will. Liverpool isn't scoring enough or have the firepower that City does. At least Alisson has helped them improve significantly in goal.

How bad is it going to get for the Spurs? The stadium opening is a mess and they are about to get bounced out of the Champions league in the group stage. Are they going to play the full season at Wembley?

Still hoping to see my Wolves break into the top half of the table at the end of the season, really bummed to see them lose 2 points to Arsenal at the end today.

Anyone have a timetable to when Man U gets a new manager? Seems as if Maurinho has lost all control of the team.

This is what I have for the top of the table by season's end.

Manchester City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Bournemouth
Manchester United
Everton
Watford
Wolverhampton

Champions League I am going for semi's...
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Manchester City

Juventus and Real Madrid in the final (obviously draw dependent)
Quote Reply
Re: Champions and Premier League so far.... [907Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll admit some bias, but I think Spurs finish top 2 or 3. I don't think they have quite enough to catch City, but they have been playing through a ridiculous amount of injuries, road games, and their stadium delays. They always seem to round in to form over the winter and this year they will get the added boost of moving in to a new stadium eventually. They are 6-1-0 and only conceded 2 goals in their last 7 league games and I don't think anyone would admit that they are playing well.

What's been crazy is that they have arguably played better in their CL games than their league games so far, but they conceded late against Inter and PSV to drop points. A win at home against Inter puts the pressure back on and gives them a shout at moving on.

I think eventually United will pass Bournemouth just due to outrageous differences in squad depth although if they keep Jose all year who knows where they could end up.
Quote Reply
Re: Champions and Premier League so far.... [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree Spurs top two or three. In the game against PSV they had eight players out through injury suspension or ineligible to play. I am kind of hoping they bounce out of Champions League and Europa. Chelsea and Leicester both won PL because they were not playing during the week.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i didn't think the EPL allowed home games at 2 stadiums during a season - i can see why based on potential to impact the league as a whole......but maybe it is something Spurs have asked permission for.

I'm not even a Liverpool fan but want them to win. For those of us in our early 50s it is just how the league should be. Still, i think city are just too good. They look great now ....and their best player has been injured half the season.

will be completely shocked if Bournmouth finish 6th. I'd expect Man U, Everton and Leicester and most likely others to move past as the fixtures pile up. I bet Eddie Howe would take 10th at the end of the season, or even 15th if it was offered now.

watford will collapse and barely win a game in the last third of the season. it always happens - despite changes in coach and players. They will be bottom half.

won't be that shocked if a team stays up with 30 points. Can't see 3 out of Huddersfield, Fulham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Southampton getting 30.....but i guess they have to play the other 4 twice and both can't lose.
Quote Reply
Re: Champions and Premier League so far.... [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just looked back on the table last year after the 12th match day and interesting to see how yin's changed over December and the remainder of the season.

Looked at Bournemouth's results from this year, 20 points on what is a very favorable schedule so far. I am guessing their December is going to be hell. Haven't played City, Liverpool, Tottenham, or Arsenal yet. Yikes. Should be telling how the second half should go based on how they perform through that stretch. 6th might be a BIG ask, but they are sitting 6 points higher now versus last year when they had 44 total.

Yeah someone might avoid relegation with under 30 points at this rate. The bottom is bad, very bad.

Good points on the injuries with Tottenham, should be interesting to see how the perform the remainder of the season. Getting knocked out of Champions League might actually be a blessing for the performance in EPL.

Would love to see a good race in the spring with City, Liverpool, and Chelsea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With all the discontent by the so called media experts Spurs are off to their best PL start.

Champions League Final. CR7 scores opening goal, shows us his abs. Ramos ties it with a header on a corner. Vinicious with a goalazzo in the 89th minute for the win.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Champions and Premier League so far.... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
With all the discontent by the so called media experts Spurs are off to their best PL start.

Best start since 2011/12. That year they had 28 points after 12 games. This season it's 27. The difference, however, is they slacked off at the end in 11/12, whereas this year there's reason that they will either maintain or improve their form, with injured players coming back to fitness. The big test will be Chelsea on the 24th.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
907Tri wrote:
We're about to hit the brutal December stretch in the EPL season and Champions league is winding down the group stage. I've really been enjoying the Premier League this fall so far. I think the race will be much tighter this year than last year, but expect City to have it wrapped up before the final match day.

Manchester City is only leading by 2 points to Liverpool. While I think Liverpool has put all their stock into winning the league title this year, City is just too dominate and will repeat their title. What is their goal differential right now? They seem to almost score at will. Liverpool isn't scoring enough or have the firepower that City does. At least Alisson has helped them improve significantly in goal.

How bad is it going to get for the Spurs? The stadium opening is a mess and they are about to get bounced out of the Champions league in the group stage. Are they going to play the full season at Wembley?

Still hoping to see my Wolves break into the top half of the table at the end of the season, really bummed to see them lose 2 points to Arsenal at the end today.

Anyone have a timetable to when Man U gets a new manager? Seems as if Maurinho has lost all control of the team.

This is what I have for the top of the table by season's end.

Manchester City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Tottenham
Bournemouth
Manchester United
Everton
Watford
Wolverhampton

Champions League I am going for semi's...
Real Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Juventus
Manchester City

Juventus and Real Madrid in the final (obviously draw dependent)

Atletico in lieu of Real. Atletico doesnt seem to have enough to challenge for domestic league, but they are always dangerous in knockouts

I’d like to see BVB do well, but im not sure if they have all the pieces. Theygot somewhat fortunate that their somewhat depleted back line didnt end up haunting them, and they need another striker. Also think LFC would do well. Would be interesting to have BVB play LFC in the semifinals. BVB was up two (or was it three) goals in a Europa League knockout game, and then caught a case of Spursy finishing...
Quote Reply