Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another critique my bike fit...
Quote | Reply
Please have a look and let me know what ST's thoughts on my bike fit are (self done). Haven't been on the tri bike since April last year and I've fitted a new base bar recently.

I've uploaded two videos, one with a helmet and one without. Looking at the one with the helmet while it looks like the tail lines up quite nicely with my back it is possibly a little high in front. I looked down intentionally so that I could see how bad the aerodynamics are when I get lazy and ride with my head down.

1. I know my bib's are torn...its from a crash and chammy is still good so I ride them on the trainer.
2. I know there is some damp on the wall behind me and I need to repaint
3. I know the small fan on my ironing board has seen better days

All help welcome, thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [TriNewbieZA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pretty OK fit, but you have horrible head posture, not to mention a horribly slow helmet. Check out this picture comparing two athletes with similar fits (and helmets, lol) but one has good posture:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2¢ same as what Eric said. Plus ur seat maybe a bit high but not much. Do you no what any of ur angles are?

I have a DA as well... Great bike to get long and low.
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
pretty OK fit, but you have horrible head posture, not to mention a horribly slow helmet. Check out this picture comparing two athletes with similar fits (and helmets, lol) but one has good posture:

Yeah unfortunately it's a helmet I'm stuck with (well unless I use my road helmet and it's not an aero road one)

What do you suggest I do to fix my head position? More of a turtle type thing, should I be aiming for something more like the guy on the P5?

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
My 2¢ same as what Eric said. Plus ur seat maybe a bit high but not much. Do you no what any of ur angles are?

I have a DA as well... Great bike to get long and low.
No idea on any of my angles...I just set my seat height and then tried to get comfortable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shrug your shoulders forward and up to your ears and turtle your head down and out

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
shrug your shoulders forward and up to your ears and turtle your head down and out

Serious question:
When people say to 'turtle' do they mean to extend (checking things out like a turtle) or withdraw the head/neck (protecting myself as a turtle)?
Not to hump the back like a shell?
Last edited by: Nonojohn: Nov 11, 18 10:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the only real "fit" issue is that your saddle is probably on the high side. otherwise your issues are all postural. head position, as mentioned, and pelvis rotation could be improved but it all depends on what your "limiters" are, and your race distances, and your previous history of racing and training.
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [Nonojohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pivot your neck down where it meets your shoulders, then look up just enough to see what you want to see. Make sure your "up" vision is not obstructed by glasses or helmet. This gets your head as low as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [Nonojohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7WZqxDrCE. try this video. 3:40 for head position. 4:30 for shoulder position
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good fit. Saddle is probably just a touch (5 mm or so) too high.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [marath8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marath8 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7WZqxDrCE. try this video. 3:40 for head position. 4:30 for shoulder position

Awesome thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my bike fit... [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Appreciate all the tips. Will work on my position over the next couple months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you located?

TriNewbieZA wrote:
Thanks.

Appreciate all the tips. Will work on my position over the next couple months.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
South Africa....a little far from NC I'm afraid
Quote Reply