Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Happy 243rd Birthday Marines!
Quote | Reply
“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”

― Eleanor Roosevelt

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Happy 243rd Birthday Marines! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”

― Eleanor Roosevelt

I was privileged to serve the Marine Corps as a Navy Hospital Corpsman and, later, as a Navy officer. Happy birthday to the world's finest amphibious combat fighting force! The Navy and Marine Corps combat team will never be defeated.

From Tun Tavern to Helmand Province and every conceivable place in between, the United States Marine Corps has been there standing the watch. Whenever there's trouble in any part of the globe where U.S. interests have been threatened the eternal call by American presidents is, and always has been, "Send in the Marines!"

God bless the United States Marine Corps (and the spousal unit -- who also served with the Marine Corps back in the day in a dental battalion -- and I are hitting a small birthday celebration tonight at a local Marine Corps League detachment so that we may pay our undying respect).

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Happy 243rd Birthday Marines! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Semper Fidelis! Happy Birthday Marines!

Major Casey McKinney
USMC 1991-2013

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: getcereal: Nov 10, 18 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: Happy 243rd Birthday Marines! [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spent 13.5 of my 20 year Navy Career with the Marines. From Grunt Corpsmen to Battalion Chief. Semper Fi and Happy Birthday my brothers and sister in arms.

HMC(FMF/SW) IDC USN Retired

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

― Eleanor Roosevelt

Well done, those men.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I'd like to thank the guy who looked at the U.S. Army 243 years ago and said, 'Yeah, that gagglef*ck ain't gonna gut it.'" or something like that.

Hoorah, Marines! Happy birthday.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Happy 243rd Birthday Marines! [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
"I'd like to thank the guy who looked at the U.S. Army 243 years ago and said, 'Yeah, that gagglef*ck ain't gonna gut it.'" or something like that.

Hoorah, Marines! Happy birthday.

Samuel Nicholas might have said just and also recognized that the Navy needed protection at Tun Tavern in 1775.

Alcohol was without a doubt involved. As was a fair measure of cockiness and outstanding marksmanship.

So basically the template for every Marine since.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply