Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka Clifton 5 and Bondi 6 : wide or not ?
Quote | Reply
Hello

willing to buy a pair of Hoka Bondi 6, but do not know if I need to go wide or not. Can't try.

I'm size 11 in Nike, On, Hoka.
11.5 in Brooks (for length purpose)

Already have SG2 and Clifton 5 (not wide), a bit constricted laterally but not much.
Was afraid to be too constricted with Bondi more present active foot frame.

For size 11, at which foot width shall I go wide size ?

thanks

Phil
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 5 and Bondi 6 : wide or not ? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 11.5 EE feet.

11.5 wide in the Bondi 6 were perfect. 11.5 EE in the Clifton 5 were too short. So I went with 12 Wide in the Clifton 5. Oddly enough previous versions of the Clifton in 11.5 Wide fit great. Not sure why the new version run "short."

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Hello

willing to buy a pair of Hoka Bondi 6, but do not know if I need to go wide or not. Can't try.

I'm size 11 in Nike, On, Hoka.
11.5 in Brooks (for length purpose)

Already have SG2 and Clifton 5 (not wide), a bit constricted laterally but not much.
Was afraid to be too constricted with Bondi more present active foot frame.

For size 11, at which foot width shall I go wide size ?

thanks

Phil

i'm in regular clifton 5 and regular bondi 6 and both fit my feet nicely.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't answer your question, but have you considered the new Skechers GoRun MaxRoad 3 Ultra?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a normal width foot, but wear a wide Bondi. The first pair I bought were normal width, and I got blisters on both sides of my feet. I sent a photo of my feet (not kidding) to Roadrunner sports and they exchanged them for a wide, no charge. I've run in Bondi's ever since. I always buy my shoes from RRS - good prices and excellent customer service.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Last edited by: Don_W: Nov 11, 18 5:33
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 5 and Bondi 6 : wide or not ? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello

thanks to all for your answers.
I had no clue what D or EE mean, so I had a look to this and I found that for size 11 :
D is 4.125 inch wide foot
EE is 4.525 inch wide foot

Approximatively...

So measured my feet, and found 4.33 inches (11cm) for both feet (they have not same length, but they have same width :-)

So... right in the middle (size E in fact)

My feet are happy with the Clifton 5 (D), but the measured width explain why I was perceiving I could accommodate few more millimeters width, and why I was anxious about fitting in the Bondi more deep active foot frame. Plus, with winter socks...

With mid season / winter training socks, my foot goes 4.4 inches. And the Bondi shall be the workhorse for this winter...

So I will go for the Bondi 6 size 11 wide (EE), and will let you know.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton 5 and Bondi 6 : wide or not ? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I do not have the possibility to really try the shoes before buying, so for shoes I did not already tested, very much rely on reviews (RTR, Doctor of Running, ST, ...).
Read some interesting review of other Skechers :

Razor 3 sound great, could be my Olympic distance race shoes (but I own Vaporfly 4%)
Ride 7 sound great, could have been my 70.3 race and Light trainer, but finally choose the Clifton 5, apparently (from reviews) less efficient but more stable. I need the stability. Can't use the VF for this distance.

The MaxRoad 3 ultra, seen no review from my usual "trusted" reviewers, so I have no clue. Is it more or less cushy than Ride 7, more or less stable, I do not know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Hello,

I do not have the possibility to really try the shoes before buying, so for shoes I did not already tested, very much rely on reviews (RTR, Doctor of Running, ST, ...).
Read some interesting review of other Skechers :

Razor 3 sound great, could be my Olympic distance race shoes (but I own Vaporfly 4%)
Ride 7 sound great, could have been my 70.3 race and Light trainer, but finally choose the Clifton 5, apparently (from reviews) less efficient but more stable. I need the stability. Can't use the VF for this distance.

The MaxRoad 3 ultra, seen no review from my usual "trusted" reviewers, so I have no clue. Is it more or less cushy than Ride 7, more or less stable, I do not know.
More cushion than the Ride 7 (which I also have own) while being lighter.
About as cushioned as the Clifton 3 while being snappier, lighter and having a toebox worthy of that name.
Quote Reply