Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GCN rides the Omni!
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFdFFPk_tI

pretty cool to see the Omni out in the wild in a video like this, even if it does have drop bars.

Si: "gotta say on fast roads, this thing is insanely quick, and it feels pretty damn special."
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a damn fine looking ride; even set up as road bike.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
That's a damn fine looking ride; even set up as road bike.

That was the first thing that I thought as well. It looks great without all the usual Triathlon junk like Aero bars and stuff.

Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Iron men and women love an integrated storage solution even more than Ikea"

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I love my current tri bike but now I'm kind of wanting to get an Omni for a road bike.

Quote | Reply
And in the end. "you're going to need more than one" lol

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evFdFFPk_tI

pretty cool to see the Omni out in the wild in a video like this, even if it does have drop bars.

Si: "gotta say on fast roads, this thing is insanely quick, and it feels pretty damn special."
I think it looks cooler as a road bike than a tri bike even.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hommage to Cam Dye starts at 6:24

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing. Definitely a cool looking bike! At roughly 4lbs heavier than my roadie, one might suffer on the hills. Then there's the 90mm only stem... Not even close to the 120s and 130s I ride.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Definitely a cool looking bike! At roughly 4lbs heavier than my roadie, one might suffer on the hills. Then there's the 90mm only stem... Not even close to the 120s and 130s I ride.

In point of fact, that Sigma X stem is 100mm long. And you can swap out for any stem you like, all the interfaces are standard. Maybe something like the 3T Integra or the Enve Aero Road Stem would maintain a nice aesthetic with the bike, and both are perfectly compatible.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Nov 10, 18 9:40
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
At roughly 4lbs heavier than my roadie, one might suffer on the hills.
"Might". I like your optimism.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

It would slow him down between 2-3%, assuming no aero advantage. So probably around 2% slower up hill. Obviously not enough for someone to notice without some pretty precise measurement.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Obviously not enough for someone to notice without some pretty precise measurement.

Like a stopwatch? :)
Quote Reply
Re: GCN rides the Omni! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Obviously not enough for someone to notice without some pretty precise measurement.

Well how would you know that you did not clime faster or slower because of power differences? Not just difference in average power, but how that power was applied over the course of the climb, like if you went harder on the steeper bit one time, but had the same average power, because you went easier on the flatter part. Or because the wind changed? A stop watch would not be able to measure that. Would also need a very well calibrated power meter to tease out a 2% difference in weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
trail wrote:
chaparral wrote:

Well how would you know that you did not clime faster or slower because of power differences? Not just difference in average power, but how that power was applied over the course of the climb, like if you went harder on the steeper bit one time, but had the same average power, because you went easier on the flatter part. Or because the wind changed? A stop watch would not be able to measure that. Would also need a very well calibrated power meter to tease out a 2% difference in weight.

2% is a lot. Don't need a power meter. I have a 10-mile climb I repeat a lot. Hard. 2% is over a minute time difference. The first time I could explain it away as wind conditions, bad day, etc. But I don't think it'd take all that many repetitions to build up a pretty good idea.

4lbs is the difference between my CX bike and my road bike. Or my off-season weight and my road racing weight. It's non-trivial. A minute to the summit in a road race might as well be all day. Even 5 seconds on a much shorter climb could mean getting gapped off to the point that you never see those guys again.

Weight matters in road racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Thorax wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

It would slow him down between 2-3%, assuming no aero advantage. So probably around 2% slower up hill. Obviously not enough for someone to notice without some pretty precise measurement.
Which gradient did you assume in your equation?
As with the previous poster, that's also the difference between my gravel roadie and my road bike. I can immediately tell the difference between the two in anything over 5%.
Would also like to know how it feels climbing on the omni when you're laying down the Watts standing.

Anyway, this is crazy talk. Can't believe I'm actually discussing this, lolm
Quote Reply