Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Genji40
Re: AirBNB for Louisville [Genji40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The finish is really right downtown. I'm not sure if you'll find a super close airbnb but I guess there have to be apartments downtown so maybe. "4th street live" is the finish ... that's a place in Louisville so you can use that as a landmark.

I stayed this year at the Embassy Suites which is right by the finish but about 15 minutes quick walking to the start area.

Galt House is a hotel that is about 10 minutes from the start and 10 minutes from the finish. They have HUGE rooms. My friend stayed there and you'd have a lot of room for the three of you.
Quote Reply
Re: AirBNB for Louisville [Miamiamy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miamiamy wrote:
The finish is really right downtown. I'm not sure if you'll find a super close airbnb but I guess there have to be apartments downtown so maybe. "4th street live" is the finish ... that's a place in Louisville so you can use that as a landmark.

I stayed this year at the Embassy Suites which is right by the finish but about 15 minutes quick walking to the start area.

Galt House is a hotel that is about 10 minutes from the start and 10 minutes from the finish. They have HUGE rooms. My friend stayed there and you'd have a lot of room for the three of you.

Another vote for the embassy suites. I stayed there the first night and then seelbach the second. Highly recommend the suites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Genji40 wrote:
Airbnb suggestions for Ironman Louisville? It will be me, my wife and a 3 year old. Looking for something close to finish -

Thanks

As others have said, the finish is right in the center of town. You are going to have a hard time finding an AirBnB close to the finish just because it's right in the city. There are plenty of reasonably priced hotels within a 5 minute walk of the finish line.

Transition is about a mile walk from the finish so finding a place right between the two is helpful for collecting your gear afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Seelbach Hotel is about 100 meters from the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: AirBNB for Louisville [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Airbnb, you just have to search and book right away because they go fast. I book Airbnb first and sign up for the race to secure the place to stay. Most places offer free cancellation, so you can cancel it later if you find a better deal. You will have to pay for Airbnb service fee though.
Quote Reply