Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Headset Troubles
Quote | Reply
HI All,

Have a bit of an issue. I bought a Planet x exocet 2 Frame only a few months back. I sourced the correct seat post and this week finally sourced a fork (I thought) It was listed as 1/1/8 to 1.5" tapered. But its not, its 1/18 to 33.3mm as i measured it? It looks like the right forks and the shut lines all match up so. Also the headset fits perfectly and its 1/18 to 1.5 as well.
So is there a way to make it fit? I suppose i could get a crown race machined to get it to fit but if there's an off the shelf option that would be better. I cant see though what fork it is though. Its 100% a planet x fork, never used. But searching for planet x forks with those steerer dimensions i cant find one so i'm very confused as to where it came from?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Headset Troubles [HeadsetWoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just guessing but could it be a straight 1 1/8th steerer with a crown race installed or a fork that has an integrated one? If so you should be able to get a reducer but I'm not really sure about mixing a reducer with a different make headset.

I'm guessing it is all bought privately or you'd contact Planet X? Maybe photos might help?
Quote Reply
Re: Headset Troubles [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Oddslug,

There's the original listing. It has pictures of what i got.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Planet-X-Exocet-2-Fork-/123444375338?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=BaaClbK1aqFWYG1D8dfLZRjoQWI%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Thanks,

Rob
Last edited by: HeadsetWoes: Nov 9, 18 5:42
Quote Reply