Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me choose a 70.3
Quote | Reply
Hey team,

Booking up next years calendar with triathlons and looking for some help, advice, tips etc. On a 70.3.

I have it narrowed down to:

Steelhead - June 30
Muskokoa - July 7
Muncie - July 13

We live in SW Ontario so the drives are all roughly the same. Between 4-6 hours. It will be myself, wife and 6 year old daughter. We take the 5 th wheel and camp and spend the following week as a vacation and traveling the area. My goal is to try a new 70.3 every year and see the world through triathlon lol. (Did chatty last year).

Does anything stand out about a certain race that would make it more appealing than the others?
Any race better for family vacation after or stuff to do during the race?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Help me choose a 70.3 [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done Muncie and Steelhead. Steelhead is way more family friendly. If you have a camper, lodging wouldn't be bad. That will probably be an expensive area that week with the 4th of July holiday.

No idea about Muskoka, but that's the comparison of Muncie and Steelhead. I have nothing against Muncie as a race, but there's a bunch of family stuff in Benton Harbor (Steelhead) and almost none in Muncie.

If you're in SW Ontario, have you ever checked out Superiorman in Duluth, Minnesota? That's about one of the coolest swims out there and the entire run is along the lake as well. There is plenty of stuff around the venue to keep a wife and kid happy and the logistics of being a small race and a good venue make everything really easy.
Quote Reply