Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ANT+ Windows software?
Quote | Reply
So I bought ANT+ speed and cadence sensors and a dongle to try out Zwift, but I think I might just want to ride while watching Netflix for a bit while I get back into somewhat decent cycling shape...

Is there some software that I can use on a Windows PC to display speed and cadence only, like a bike computer might? I don't have an ANT+ head unit yet, and the laptop would be perfect to get through the winter inside...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ErgVideo

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might Golden Cheetah work for this situation?
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [sixt3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golden Cheetah will definitely work. A little tricky to set up, but works fine once you figure it out.
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [carlosflanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, both those look like they might work, but seem like over-kill for what I'm looking for...

Bump for the morning crowd, anyone know of a simple way to display speed and cadence on a Windows machine while I ride using the ANT+ sensors?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
Thanks, both those look like they might work, but seem like over-kill for what I'm looking for...

Bump for the morning crowd, anyone know of a simple way to display speed and cadence on a Windows machine while I ride using the ANT+ sensors?

I promise this is not pink. I used to duct tape my 920xt to the top corner of my computer monitor. This way I wouldn't have to look down at my bike where it is normally mounted.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trainerroad has a minimal display option that was probably made just with that in mind. And with TR you can aim for much more than decent shape. IMO, obv.
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
snoots wrote:

I promise this is not pink. I used to duct tape my 920xt to the top corner of my computer monitor. This way I wouldn't have to look down at my bike where it is normally mounted.

I'd actually be fine with that, or just looking at the bike computer itself, but I don't have one that works with the ANT+ sensors I bought to try Zwift... I'm a little off-put by the prices of the Garmin Edge et. al., not sure if they're worth it, for me...
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Trainerroad has a minimal display option that was probably made just with that in mind. And with TR you can aim for much more than decent shape. IMO, obv.

Thanks, I'm trying to avoid a subscription. It's only 20 bucks a month, but I'm not sure I really enjoy the Zwift / TR experience. I'd rather watch Netflix...

I may just return the sensors to MEC and go back to what I was doing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TR doesn't really have a visual component, that's why I wrote what I wrote. If it did, the minimal window would be pointless.
Anyway, seems like you'd be happier just using a cycling computer or maybe even your smartphone with BT sensors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Thanks, I'm trying to avoid a subscription. It's only 20 bucks a month, but I'm not sure I really enjoy the Zwift / TR experience. I'd rather watch Netflix...

If you have a smartphone there are free apps available that offer up simple cycling metrics. The Wahoo Fitness app probably provides what you need. For iPhone your sensors need to be dual ANT+/BT, but for max flexibility everyone should buy sensors that support both. I’m not an Android user, but some have native ANT+ capability.

Edit: P.S. forgot about this software: https://maximumtrainer.com/home I haven’t heard much about it recently. It may provide what you need plus offer virtual power for your trainer.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Nov 7, 18 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
snoots wrote:
Thorax wrote:

If you have a smartphone there are free apps available that offer up simple cycling metrics. The Wahoo Fitness app probably provides what you need. For iPhone your sensors need to be dual ANT+/BT, but for max flexibility everyone should buy sensors that support both. I’m not an Android user, but some have native ANT+ capability.

Edit: P.S. forgot about this software: https://maximumtrainer.com/home I haven’t heard much about it recently. It may provide what you need plus offer virtual power for your trainer.

Thanks for that, Maximum Trainer may just do what I'm looking for! My trainer is listed as well, so virtual power may be displayed too. I'll try it tonight...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rouvy will do what you want with their free mode, but you can only use that for 1 hr at a time. So if want to go longer, you have to restart the session. They have tons of trainers preloaded for virtual power. (You can also unlock a bunch of features for ~$10/mo, but it's free to do what you're asking for.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PerfPRO $100 one time fee endless workouts to choose from
Quote Reply
Re: ANT+ Windows software? [tobythetuba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep! Long time user of PerfPro Studio. Might be a bit more than you are thinking but it works great with Netflix and other videos.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply