Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I so hope wurf wins in the next few years just so I can bring this thread back up.

At least he is trying. Unlike many others out there.

And don’t get me started on the women’s pathetic field.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
TO and Rinny are both done competing for wins. They are just trying to stay relevant for a few years and milk the cow until it’s dry.

4th and 5th in Kona is nothing to sneeze at.
Based on how TO looked at the beginning and through out the run he gave it his all. 8:03 was a great time.
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah but that will be next year. *This* year, he was nowhere near winning. That's what we're arguing...whether or not he "put himself in a position to win", not "does he have potential".

One of those two phrases is very self promotional and good with the sponsors, and one is not.

E

PJC wrote:
I so hope wurf wins in the next few years just so I can bring this thread back up.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true

Tim gets 4th with an amazing 8.03 and people say hes "not racing any more"?? yeah, sounds like a jogger with a baby stroller

while CW gets 9th, 9 minutes off 3rd place and its a "would've won but Lange"? that vlog was about 7 reasons short

maybe the people disappointed that CW finished 9th should be excited and congratulating him and the Team Sky trainers for getting his swimming and running up to top 10 level so quickly after retiring from cycling despite no running or swimming background - who could dream that was possible?

meanwhile young Currie might be one of the most underrated performances of the day - surging away from Lange on the run didnt work out, but you cant fault his running form or gutsyness - podium next year?

mdtrihard wrote:
PJC wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
TO and Rinny are both done competing for wins. They are just trying to stay relevant for a few years and milk the cow until it’s dry.

4th and 5th in Kona is nothing to sneeze at.
Based on how TO looked at the beginning and through out the run he gave it his all. 8:03 was a great time.

Last edited by: lacticturkey: Nov 8, 18 5:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Is he really trying though? He's like: "Oh I ran a marathon in the 2:50s in Almere....which ain't freakin' Kona dude. That ain't trying. Swimming, Cycling...he's pretty good there. Where he isn't, and it will be basically impossible at his age is running. Please show me where he's gonna find 18 minutes so he can hold onto 1st and not get run down by 8 people?

I like that he's not boring. Accusing athletes of cheating, cool man. Not surprised since people have made allusions to him doing the same on this board in other facets of preparation.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
yeah but that will be next year. *This* year, he was nowhere near winning. That's what we're arguing...whether or not he "put himself in a position to win", not "does he have potential".

One of those two phrases is very self promotional and good with the sponsors, and one is not.

E

Point taken.

He certainly isn't struggling for a dollar. Like many professionals these days, always flying business class.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forget which podcast, but Starky definitely insinuated Wurf was a doper-by-association because he trains with Sky. Andrew fired the first shots, as far as that particular tiff goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do agree with you here....at least he went for it...but, still, he wasn’t close to winning. This is classic racing syndrome...you always think you are close to winning, likely to win, in it etc and others—even those in front of you, let alone those behind you— had no chance to win and certainly couldn’t beat you next year. I always felt/feel that way in racing. But it isn’t really true that he was really in a better position than others simply because he came out ahead in T2
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
I forget which podcast, but Starky definitely insinuated Wurf was a doper-by-association because he trains with Sky. Andrew fired the first shots, as far as that particular tiff goes.

No idea there, I listen to three triathlon based podcasts: T26, Purple Patch, The Brick Session. Starky has been on the Brick Session twice recently before and after Kona...he never insinuated anything about Wurf there although he did talk about their twitter banter. He did state that there are pros on TUEs and thinks it's bullshit...unless Wurfy is on a TUE?

Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.triathlete.com/2018/08/news/triathlon-aspirations-for-2018-tour-de-france-winner-geraint-thomas_332736
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you all want Wurf to do to put himself in a position to win?
He broke his own bike record, he swam better than expected and ran better than many would have expected.

He isn't capable of winning on a day like they had this year. He pretty much had a perfect race for him. Now if they had a very windy day, he might have been closer, but it wasn't windy and there is nothing he can do about that.

Sanders on the other hand...
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NUFCrichard wrote:
He broke his own bike record, he swam better than expected and ran better than many would have expected.

Exactly.

And that's still nowhere near good enough to beat a world class athlete like Patrick Lange or Jan Frodeno.

He's not capable of winning.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [NUFCrichard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 2:5+ Marathon in Almere won't put him in position to do anything at Kona. He needs to race somewhere that prepares him for Kona.

Shambolic wrote:
https://www.triathlete.com/2018/08/news/triathlon-aspirations-for-2018-tour-de-france-winner-geraint-thomas_332736

So how does someone get a TUE for Adrenaline if they've never been shot up with it? Not an inhaler?

Hate to break it to Wurfy though...there's still doping in Cycling.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Nov 9, 18 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Publishing TUE's publicly atleast imo lets everyone know the playing field. Some will say this is "private", but I would probaly call it the cost of doing business in a tainted sport.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think for professionals they should be public. For the amateurs...not so much. Also I found it high and mighty of the people in the thread telling the dude who was on testosterone who's 45 he can't race...like are you serious? He's not gonna be a pro and this is a hobby. Should he go get a TUE because he has low T? Yes. That should have been the response.

Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup

MadTownTRI wrote:

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Very good interview. Some of the comments here make me realize how USA-centric this forum is. I don't think any of Cam's Aussie banter is meant with ill-will.

+1

I'm over in the US at the moment, they absolutely do not get the majority of our humour. I get people looking at me blankly multiple times a day haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
NUFCrichard wrote:

Exactly.

And that's still nowhere near good enough to beat a world class athlete like Patrick Lange or Jan Frodeno.

He's not capable of winning.

He may not be capable of winning... but surely top 10 in the world is considered “world class”.

If I meet someone that’s top ten in the world at anything I’d consider that world class.

Please define your standard for world class.

Slowtwitch..........
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [rock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm over in the US at the moment, they absolutely do not get the majority of our humour.//

Not all of us mate, I believe it is called taking the piss out of them..... (-;
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [Alwaysrunning99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's getting a lot of air time, so suppose its working. No one talking about Lange, Mcnamee or Aernouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [stevie g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly likely noise coming from ozzies... the crater left by the Macca, Alexander, Jacobs, mackenzie legacies is deep.

It's kind of true too though, Tim Don made as much waves on this forum changing his derailleur pulleys as Lange did setting the record books on fire going deep under 8
Quote Reply
Re: Let the trash talk commence -- Cam Wurf: Post Kona on Babbittville [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I bet their respective bank accounts reflect as much.

/pink.
Quote Reply

Prev Next