How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

Proud member of Fishtwitch and the ST Grammar Police
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there Dr TC, did you land up going as RBG?

My goals for last week were: 4 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run, 2 x strength. I got it all done including one glorious hour-ish long run which might be my last outdoor one for a while (windchill currently -17C/1F). Goals for this week are the same (so far one swim done), but it's a recovery week so expecting fewer hours on the clock.

I'm very excited because my sister gets here on Friday for a week. I haven't seen her since February and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy November, everyone! Hope everyone had a fun Halloween.

Quote:
This week's goal: do more of the same

And I did. And it was relatively uneventful. Except for two things:

1. I bought a new bike. Not just any bike, THE. BIKE. OF. MY. DREAMS. I will post pics when she arrives :)
2. I got accepted to Team Zoot! I'm pretty stoked about that!

This week's goal: Finish out the first base block of IMTX training.

M- rest day (done!)
Tu- 78min trainer ride and 20min run brick
W- 2100yd swim and strength
Th- 30min trainer ramp up to 6mi run, also a fun night out in the District at our favorite annual charity fundraiser
F- 2400yd swim and strength
Sa- 55-60mi ride (may switch this with Sunday depending on who I can sucker into going with me)
Su- 10mi run and strength

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
2019: IMTX|IM 70.3 OOB| IMMD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:

1. I bought a new bike. Not just any bike, THE. BIKE. OF. MY. DREAMS. I will post pics when she arrives :)

Woohoo!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Nov 5, 18 12:49
Views: 49
Hey there Dr TC, did you land up going as RBG?

I didn't have time to finish the costume, so I wore my "college" sweatshirt and went as John Blutarsky. Animal House is becoming a generational thing, I think - my students sort of looked at me like 'why are you teaching in a sweatshirt'?

I had a student last year ask me if she were on academic probation. She was a very clueless freshman. I wanted so badly to say "yeah, you're on double secret probation" but she would have thought that were a real thing and it would have just caused trouble.

Anyway my goals last week were 5 swims (done), 2 rides (did one), 1 long run (done), 1 speed workout with intervals under a mile (I did one rep of .75 mi).

I jumped into a local 5k on Sunday and ran 23:08, which I was happy with.

Totals 4000 yd swim (6x), 9.3 mi bike (1x), 43.2 mi run (7x)

goals this week swim 5x (2 done), ride 2-3x (1 done), day off from running (done!)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I got it all done including one glorious hour-ish long run which might be my last outdoor one for a while (windchill currently -17C/1F).

Holy moly, where do you live?!
Enjoy the sibling time!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the new bike and team zoot acceptance!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

I am cackling over double secret probation. Since when did we become The Olds?!? And why are these kids still on our lawn?

Team Zoot
Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
2019: IMTX|IM 70.3 OOB| IMMD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I'm very excited because my sister gets here on Friday for a week. I haven't seen her since February and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her.
Yay goals and spending time with family! Boo ridiculous wind chills. Holy cow!
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
2. I got accepted to Team Zoot! I'm pretty stoked about that!
Both of these are amazing, congrats! Can't wait for new bike pics.
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I didn't have time to finish the costume, so I wore my "college" sweatshirt and went as John Blutarsky. Animal House is becoming a generational thing, I think - my students sort of looked at me like 'why are you teaching in a sweatshirt'?
This made me laugh. I actually had to show my husband -- who is older than me! -- The Blues Brothers a few weeks ago because he'd never seen it! On the other side of the coin, I was Elastigirl, my husband was Syndrome, and our friends' kiddo was Dash for Halloween, and I had no idea who any of those characters were before last week.

Last week was pretty good. I feel like I'm settling into more of a routine with 2-3 bikes, 2-3 runs, 1-2 weights workouts, 2-3 PT sessions, and 1 yoga per week, with the occasional swim thrown in. I have been fighting a weird sinus thing for the last few weeks -- not sure if it's a minor infection, allergies, cold, something else, but I needed a rest day last week and felt amazingly better after a full night's sleep. I really do need a good routine going though, before the holidays and all the relating eating come around.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
My life goal is to improve my race times so much I'm featured on MarathonInvestigation.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A great week for me as I spent the weekend in AUSTIN, TX! And got to see my trainer, whom I hadn't seen in person for 11 long months. That made me so happy.

Mon. Bike - Zwift
Tue. Gym/strength workout
Wed. Swim 1,600 SCY
Thur. Treadmill and gym/strength
Fri. Swim 1,600 SCY
Sat. Fly to Austin!! Walk/jog 3.3 miles on the river trail outdoors where I saw more active people in the 4 days I was in Austin than I've seen in 4 months in Nashville. Lots more other walking to do some sightseeing and shopping.
Sun. Walk/jog 3.2 miles; lay by the hotel pool; meet up with Evan and do a bike sightseeing tour of Austin. I ended up riding one of those CItiBikes (that have one gear, fat tires and weigh about 45 pounds with no turning radius) about 14-15 miles over the afternoon. We also climbed 5 flights of stairs at the new Austin Central Library.

Great week.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply