Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gravel Bike. Who has what? [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are a 54cm frame, I have a 2012 (I think), Specialized Crux Disc brake bike. Little use. Gonna sell it ASAP if you are interested. Full SRAM Red group.
Last edited by: jharris: Feb 24, 20 17:03
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Bike. Who has what? [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was on a Trek Crockett w/ SRAM Force 1x - 40T up front, 11-46 in the back.

I built up a Cervelo Aspero w/ SRAM Force AXS recently. 42T up front, 10-50 in the back. I like the simplicity of a 1x and the bike rides much better than the Crockett.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Bike. Who has what? [drp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old bike
CAAD9, was build in SRAM red with Easton EA90 component. (for sale, in SRAM force at the moment).
https://imgur.com/LB5BSdI

New ride
Litespeed CX, 1x 44T 11-28. Mavic Ksyrium pro wheels.
https://imgur.com/uFedD1l

I can’t wait to ride it outside. So far the 1x is not great for indoor training on my rollers setup. I changed to a 50T front but still lacks some speed and the chain is too short. I might eventually convert it to 2X.
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Bike. Who has what? [drp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Cervelo Aspero 1x, set up with Shimano GRX Di2 and Wolf Tooth 40t oval ring and Quarq crankset, and 11-42t cassette. It has been never short of revelation for me - I've never felt I need any bigger (spins out at about 28 mph at 100 rpm) or smaller gearing, and the power numbers are almost 5% better with the oval ring than round (I had a Wolf Tooth 42t round ring before switching).

The shape of the new GRX Di2 shifters are spot-on for my hands, much more comfortable and in control. I also put the new ENVE Gravel bar, and really enjoy the wide flare at the drops when descending.

All in all, I couldn't imaging a better bike for gravel, maybe just a tad lighter (it weights at about 18.5 lbs with ENVE G23 wheels and Schwalbe G-One 35c tires).
Quote Reply
Re: Gravel Bike. Who has what? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Garneau Steeple. Great bike, but has cantilever brakes. Would look better with disc brakes, have to look into it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next