Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar H10 Question (Bluetooth specifics)
Quote | Reply
This has probably been asked before, but searching the threads I can't find a definitive answer: Is it possible to pair the H10 with more than one platform? (in my case, the Apple TV and Polar Beat; or Apple TV and V800).

Thanks Much!
G
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H10 Question (Bluetooth specifics) [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This has probably been asked before, but searching the threads I can't find a definitive answer: Is it possible to pair the H10 with more than one platform? (in my case, the Apple TV and Polar Beat; or Apple TV and V800).

No, and this is true of any Bluetooth device. They are all designed to connect to only one other device. I know the V800 was supposed to do Bluetooth rebroadcasting (ie, the H10 would connect to the V800, and the V800 would rebroadcast the data, and another device could connect to the V800), but I don't know if they followed through on that feature.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H10 Question (Bluetooth specifics) [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks! G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should add, that since the H10 has both Bluetooth and Gymlink (500 MHz), you can get it to connect to 2 devices, like a Polar bike computer (via Bluetooth), and a V800 (via Gymlink).
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H10 Question (Bluetooth specifics) [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efernand wrote:
I should add, that since the H10 has both Bluetooth and Gymlink (500 MHz), you can get it to connect to 2 devices, like a Polar bike computer (via Bluetooth), and a V800 (via Gymlink).

Will, this Gymlink feature work with Zwift?

Thanks,
G
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can. Specifically with the H10, and assuming you've got it on the latest firmware.

The H10 is one of the few (ok, only as far as I know) units that supports dual Bluetooth Smart channels. You can do any two Bluetooth Smart devices.

(It's not a well known feature, it was quietly rolled out this past summer and I didn't even realize it till September or so.)

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Last edited by: dcrainmaker: Nov 1, 18 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H10 Question (Bluetooth specifics) [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Yes, you can. Specifically with the H10, and assuming you've got it on the latest firmware.

The H10 is one of the few (ok, only as far as I know) units that supports dual Bluetooth Smart channels. You can do any two Bluetooth Smart devices.

Thanks guys!
Quote Reply