Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Texas Sellout?
Quote | Reply
Does Ironman Texas sell out? If so, when do you think it will? Currently on Tier 4 spots and the race is April 27th. Trying to determine how long I have to decide if I want to commit or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [mlevans1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all of the IMFL transfers, I wouldn't wait too long. Generally, they do social media highlighting when they have 100 slots left to get people like you off the fence.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When they say they only have 100 slots left they mean it. For the past several years it has meant you only have a few days to register.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really wish it wouldn't sell out. Would be nice as a local to sign up last minute if you're feeling good and just let it rip, with no worries about dropping out if things go badly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
When they say they only have 100 slots left they mean it. For the past several years it has meant you only have a few days to register.

I think last year when they announced 100 slots left it sold out that day. I waited and missed it. Seeing how they're tier four right now if you want it, sign up.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, it is a local race after all. $1,000 10 days out, I am sure they'd pick up 10+ entries...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in a similar boat last year. I know that it didn't sell out in 2017, I recall reading reports about people signing up at the expo. So last year I was thinking that I would train for a couple of months (Jan/Feb 2018) and then see how I was feeling and maybe sign up. I was pretty surprised to see a '50 slots remaining' banner on the IM Texas site at some point in early December 2017 (maybe it was late Nov, not really sure). It filled up that day.

Now I'm debating it again, but not sure that I'm going to get any sort of 'family approval' right now.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

There is one less slot as I registered yesterday.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
yeah, it is a local race after all. $1,000 10 days out, I am sure they'd pick up 10+ entries...

I registered 10 days out in 2017 and I was NOT the last entry. There were several that registered at the expo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised it didn't sell out the day the draft pack pictures were shown to the world

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the fence for 2017 when my coaches texted me and said it was sold out. That was late November 2016. Am I not remembering correctly? (Possible!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Either your coaches were wrong or you have the wrong year because I registered in April 2017 after coming back from IM South Africa and realizing a week later that I was recovered. I checked airlines, hotels, and entry availability then launched to capitalize on the build I had already done.

IMTX did sell out about 2-3 months before the 2018 event and it will almost certainly sell out for 2019 with about ~300 IMFL transfers they took (or so I heard).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Texas Sellout? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
IMTX did sell out about 2-3 months before the 2018 event and it will almost certainly sell out for 2019 with about ~300 IMFL transfers they took (or so I heard).

Well, the 300 FM transfers certainly will help sell it out. The promise of a draft-legal Ironman will kick it over the edge.
Quote Reply