Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon is expensive [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
P2 maybe basic, but the price point for a P2 is not.

I literally never said it was.

This is fundamentally a philosophical question on the level of "is a piece of string long?". There's no winning it and no right answer, which means we'll get at least another ten pages out of it. I've said what I want to say, though.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [pointless_chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pointless_chip wrote:
A fee of 30,- a euro a month. I get back: 6 swimming sessions a week, 2 running sessions, 1 bike session all under the guidance of a trainer. that's not much for what you get back to be frank.

Ha? Is this through a gym or something? 30 euro per month (or even per week) is unheard of for coaching.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well you don't get fully focused personal coaching, but yes for each training sessions there's a qualified trainer. In our triathlon club we have 200 members, I guess one of the biggest if not the biggest in The Netherlands. And no, this is outside or at the local 50meter swimming pool and yes I feel very spoiled for this ^_^.

alex_korr wrote:
pointless_chip wrote:

A fee of 30,- a euro a month. I get back: 6 swimming sessions a week, 2 running sessions, 1 bike session all under the guidance of a trainer. that's not much for what you get back to be frank.

Ha? Is this through a gym or something? 30 euro per month (or even per week) is unheard of for coaching.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rock climbing is likely be about the same as triathlon. Wife climbs. Even if you just go to the indoor gym things add up quickly. Shoes, gym fees, strength lessons and cross training (a lot of climbers do yoga and often swim/run), etc . Sure she made fewer one time purchases ie bike/wet suit/etc - but her ongoing expenses add up.

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [pointless_chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pointless_chip wrote:
Well you don't get fully focused personal coaching, but yes for each training sessions there's a qualified trainer. In our triathlon club we have 200 members, I guess one of the biggest if not the biggest in The Netherlands. And no, this is outside or at the local 50meter swimming pool and yes I feel very spoiled for this ^_^.

Gotta say, that's fucking awesome. Good for you!

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an rock/alpine background and I can tell you: that's way more expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, tri is expensive. Especially to start out. But really no more expensive than any other hobby, certainly cheaper than smoking or drinking. It just looks expensive because of sticker shock and big purchases. Yeah, bikes are the biggest offender but cheapo's like me stay in a bike for a long time. I bought mine for about $1500 on clearance and have had it for 3 years and will keep it at least another 3 years. I think OP said something like 2000 just to start? So lets go with 3000 after some upgrades and what not. If you're gear unitl it's dead 3000 every 6 years is nothing. That's 500 a year, or $41 a month. How easy would it be to crush $41 in a single day on craft beer? Or wine? Tri is about as expensive as you make it. Sure there are a lot of people who go all out on gear and do it every year like clockwork. But you can actually make it a cheap hobby if you shop smartly and use your gear till it's gone.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you revive a 15month old thread?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's expensive and I'm cool with that. I've signed up for 3 races for this year and booked hotels as well. If they get cancelled, it's not expensive. It's a complete WASTE money going down the drain!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was bored and it seemed like fun. Plus this thread doesn’t have Coronavirus...

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon is expensive [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next