Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Time spent on Specialized Elaston Power
Quote | Reply
Has anyone spent some time on either the Power Elaston or Power Arc Elaston?

I love my Power Arc, been a game changer for me. But there are times where I wish it were a little softer.
Quote Reply
Re: Time spent on Specialized Elaston Power [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this just a gimmick? Is no one riding one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess it's a power with more padding. I prefer SMP saddle for road riding but i tend to prefer padded (Lite 209 exactly) one to firm one (like the dyamic i had before with the same shape). I guess you'll have to test if it suits you. Some prefer more padding other prefer less...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Elaston has more padding, and it can be felt with ease if you are comparing to the upper end Power saddles. However, the Power Comp, a lower end model, feels like it has similar padding to the Elaston. To me, anyway. Your mileage may vary. Having said this, I have only ridden the standard Power, not the newer Arc. I would speculate that if you are riding an upper end Arc model, the you will like the Elaston with its seemingly more padding. But if you are riding a "Comp" model Arc, I'm not so sure you will feel any difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have about 6 months on it. Put it on a Spec Allez Sprint frame that I split time on so 2-3 rides per week. Other bike has Romin Pro.
It is very comfortable and provides more sit bone support with less leg obstruction than Romin. Would recommend it for any road bike ride of any length. Some nuance in my experience- I have moved it forward almost 1” since first setup. Also I’m more comfortable with thin chamois like Castelli. Thicker Pactimo and Assos chamois less so.
Good?

"This ain't no wedding dance, get moving" - SS
Quote Reply
Re: Time spent on Specialized Elaston Power [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
The Elaston has more padding, and it can be felt with ease if you are comparing to the upper end Power saddles. However, the Power Comp, a lower end model, feels like it has similar padding to the Elaston. To me, anyway. Your mileage may vary. Having said this, I have only ridden the standard Power, not the newer Arc. I would speculate that if you are riding an upper end Arc model, the you will like the Elaston with its seemingly more padding. But if you are riding a "Comp" model Arc, I'm not so sure you will feel any difference.

Interesting. I'm on the lower end Power Arc, so maybe not much difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Time spent on Specialized Elaston Power [FLTerp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FLTerp wrote:
Have about 6 months on it. Put it on a Spec Allez Sprint frame that I split time on so 2-3 rides per week. Other bike has Romin Pro.
It is very comfortable and provides more sit bone support with less leg obstruction than Romin. Would recommend it for any road bike ride of any length. Some nuance in my experience- I have moved it forward almost 1” since first setup. Also I’m more comfortable with thin chamois like Castelli. Thicker Pactimo and Assos chamois less so.
Good?

Thanks! Appreciate the insight. I definitely love my Power Arc and I used to use a Romin, but it wasn't doing anything for me.
Quote Reply