Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [Eugene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will this run on my Playstation 1?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a power rangers game I used to play on SNES.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit that looks bad! The gameplay better be out of this world! Although, in all fairness, changing out assets is pretty easy to do, so it is *possible* that this is all placeholder art that they are showing, at least I hope so.
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A new article on CVRcade - https://www.bicycling.com/...ndoor-cycling-zwift/

Still trying to figure out how you steer?

And why would I want to crash in the virtual world...? I guess it makes it more realistic? But really, I doubt any indoor trainer experience (currently) can really assist with IRL bike handling.

There's also going to be a MTB course option; but for me, MTB'ing is about actually being outside in nature! And weekend winter MTB'ing is how I maintain cycling handling skills in the off-season. Seems silly to put any resources into a MTB platform, to be brutally honest.

Having said all that, competition is good. We need to keep Zwift on their toes!
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Maybe you need a Tacx iMagic trainer?
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Having said all that, competition is good. We need to keep Zwift on their toes!

I just tried Rouvy this morning. And was pretty impressed. It's not perfect yet, but it exceeded my expectations.
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:

Maybe you need a Tacx iMagic trainer?
They said that in the first version at least, you'll use the arrow keys.
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today I received an announcement of the CVR World Cup - Preseason Race #1. And DC Rainmaker just did his preliminary review of CVRcade: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...ainer-adventure.html

Ouch....this doesn't look good. Please make up with Zwift already!
@Kid
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the review and saw dcrainmakers video. In a word "horrendous". That's bad. Game looks like excitebike from NES days.

It's time to pull the plug on this and license or invest in an alternate. Rouvy or the Road Grand Tour. The cvrcade is a bust, please stop throwing good money after bad. Or just try to get back in zwift.

Proverbial lipstick on a pig. Let's just be real and keep calling this a pig.

And worse still, really burned up a lot of good will from promoting esports and indoor cycling. The CVR series on zwift was engaging and competitive. Wished something could have been worked out with Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do a decent bit of Zwift; a few races but prefer some of the spirited group rides because thats more sweet spot which I prefer to train on, and leave the dedicated hard stuff to formal interval sessions
So dont really 'race' - but have heard from a few people the CVR series was good - can someone explain why? Was it just like Zwift itself, it got a scale and grew from there?
Quote Reply
Re: CVRcade: yet another cycling app? [bespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw a pop up on social media that CVR cade is free to play and I have not had time yet to download the app. Has anyone here tried it and what are their impressions and how does stack up to Zwift? https://www.cvrcade.com/index2.html
Quote Reply

Prev Next