Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum
Quote | Reply
Companies like Desoto and Flo should be holding clinics in customer service and satisfaction.

I will continue to purchase from guys like Emilio, Chris and John as long as I'm buying stuff for this sport.
I have run into a few issues lately some I come to find out were my own doing others not so much but in both instant's these guy helped me get it squared away.

Not trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass but good service needs tobe recognized nowadays...
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's add Nick from Tririg as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kart17 wrote:
Let's add Nick from Tririg as well.
Thank you! We haven’t always done a perfect job but we made a concerted effort throughout 2017 and 2018 to improve the customer experience, and it’s been really nice to hear that the efforts have been noticed.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's add anyone who deserves it.
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that hard, it seems weird to me that some people would need lessons in how to do it. Because it's really very simple: treat your customers as you would want to be treated, just basic things like:

- Make a product that you would actually want yourself.
- Pick up the phone when it rings (when you can).
- Answer voice mails promptly when you can't.
- Actually reply to customer email messages.
- Respond to questions posted on social media or on forums that you frequent.
- Actually try to resolve issues if/when they come up.

It's not rocket science, it's just simple human decency.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Oct 30, 18 19:41
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are great too DSW!!! Loved my products from you guys... you were innovative and category leaders for a while there :)

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i cant say enough about how great desoto has been, also ventum (mallory, jimmy) are amazing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Companies like Desoto and Flo should be holding clinics in customer service and satisfaction.

I will continue to purchase from guys like Emilio, Chris and John as long as I'm buying stuff for this sport.
I have run into a few issues lately some I come to find out were my own doing others not so much but in both instant's these guy helped me get it squared away.

Not trying to blow smoke up anyone's ass but good service needs tobe recognized nowadays...

Thank you! We do what we can to keep people happy. I second Emilio and will say that his level of service was our goal.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was sitting down discussing many things with a bike manufacturer just a few days ago, and told them, "You guys need to get back on Slowtwitch."

If I were a brand, I'd make sure I have a presence here. I know it can be a minefield, and you need someone with the right temperament, but it pays in ways they can't measure. Which, of course, is one of the difficulties for them when it comes to assigning resources to something like a forum. They can't necessarily measure the impact.

Here were some of the reasons why they don't:
1. They don't like the perceived negativity of forums.
2. It's basically a job unto itself
3. Very few people are Carl or Superdave - you need intellect, humor, patience, humility, and a little bit of ego.
4. They're afraid. No, seriously, they are.

None are valid excuses, in my opinion.

Oh, and a little word of advice to any manufacturer who posts...put your name on it! Don't try to be a generic, faceless, representative of your company. Let folks know who you are. You'll get more respect.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I was sitting down discussing many things with a bike manufacturer just a few days ago, and told them, "You guys need to get back on Slowtwitch."

If I were a brand, I'd make sure I have a presence here. I know it can be a minefield, and you need someone with the right temperament, but it pays in ways they can't measure. Which, of course, is one of the difficulties for them when it comes to assigning resources to something like a forum. They can't necessarily measure the impact.

3. Very few people are Carl or Superdave - you need intellect, humor, patience, humility, and a little bit of ego.

Oh, and a little word of advice to any manufacturer who posts...put your name on it! Don't try to be a generic, faceless, representative of your company. Let folks know who you are. You'll get more respect.

Please tell me this was Trek...

We NEED Trek back on here. The support and knowledge Carl provided was and still is invaluable.

Edit: I’ll even volunteer to be a liaison to Trek on here and I’ll do it for free as well as sign an NDA. Just give me a contact at Trek to run questions/concerns by.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Oct 30, 18 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can definitely report excellent customer service from Desoto! That's why I have spent so much money on their products. I am super-loyal to companies like them.

Fishbum wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a vested interest I'll add Andre and Kiwami.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me just toss in my votes for DeSoto and DSW as well.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really, really agree about DeSoto. I just don’t see how you could honestly try their stuff and not appreciate the performance compared to others out in the market. Some people just like the sparkly things I guess...

I would also vouch for Kiwami and Andre...dealing with them is very similar imo.

One other entity I have learned to appreciate it SRAM...they at least seem to make an effort to protect their distributors...I know my LBS really appreciates it. It’s not right that I can go online and buy some Shimano stuff cheaper than they can...Again...imo.
Last edited by: zooropa: Oct 30, 18 17:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Let's add anyone who deserves it.

Love the pain
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll second Andre at Kiwami. I’ll add Dan at Premier (no direct dealings with him, but only heard positives) and Garmin.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Please tell me this was Trek...

We NEED Trek back on here. The support and knowledge Carl provided was and still is invaluable.

Edit: I’ll even volunteer to be a liaison to Trek on here and I’ll do it for free as well as sign an NDA. Just give me a contact at Trek to run questions/concerns by.

Cervelo crossed my mind. It seems like we don't see as much of Damon since he went to Cannonade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trainerroad wins hands down.

The customer service is unparalleled and they are constantly improving the product.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

The customer service is unparalleled and they are constantly improving the product.

these guys know the impact of social media. they have the best cycling podcast out there, forums where they are active in the conversations, and a facebook group they are also active in.

like it or not social media drives a lot these days.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve had nothing but great service from pretty much most companies I’ve bought from.

Dan from Premier is by far the best.
TR and Desoto have been good.
Garmin is good but unfortunately I use them too much because of their less than stellar products.
Saris was the one company that stands out to me as I will never recommend after they left a bad taste.
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:

i couldnt agree more. i really dont know how the guy has the time to take care of his customers like he does all while running a bicycle brand that keeps progressing and trying to better his products.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
KingMidas wrote:

i couldnt agree more. i really dont know how the guy has the time to take care of his customers like he does all while running a bicycle brand that keeps progressing and trying to better his products.

+1 I've only ordered from him once, but was almost astounded at how responsive he was in email, how fast he shipped, and how good the products were. Outstanding!
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

Thanks for the shout-out cloy, it means a lot!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow thank you to be mentioned in such great company; means a lot to us all here.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Other industries should take notes from some companies on this forum [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:

Ha! I'm maybe 1 for 5 for on that list. Have been away from ST for a while with so many other changes going on. Hoping to change that. We do see the value but as you've noted, it becomes its own job.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply