Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Critic my fit.
Quote | Reply
After my last 70.3 of the season (that I felt some lower back pain in the final part of the ride and abdominal cramps during the start of the run) I started tweaking my position. I was feeling a little scrunched up so here was my thought process:

- Changed the 70mm stem of the canyon to a 100mm Aeria Ultimate
- Droped the saddle a full cm
- Tilted the tip of the saddle down a little more to help with pelvis rotation

I'm already on 165mm cranks and that is a little trickier to change. During the minutes I was testing in the trainer I felt comfortable, but I still need to do a longer ride to be sure.

I can easily move the pads fore/aft, drop the saddle more or add stack with spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Critic my fit. [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe a saddle that gives you more pelvic rotation that will also increase your reach. That's should flatten out ur low back and help with your back pain( at least it does me) but it looks good otherwise.

Just my 2¢
Quote Reply
Re: Critic my fit. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Fishbum! I'll wait more responses to do another iteration of changes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good to me, functionally and aerodynamically... if you can hold that head position and see where you are going. Some knowledgeable people have said that arms tilted up that much might not be aerodynamically ideal, but you'd need to test.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks good.

my only nit to pick is that you raised your hands in and of themselves, but you did not add reach. You're not helping yourself there and perhaps are creating a situation that is slower at yaw. Instead of just raising your hands, add reach and then let your hands go where they may... ie. the point of high hands isn't the high hands, it's the more open shoulder angle, the shrugged and streamlined shoulders, and a platform to lean into the tilt of your aero bars (which you should have if you already don't).

I also have low back pain and as others have said, a more neutral lower back angle, ie. a rotated pelvis combined with more reach, really helps with that. I'd try a saddle that facilitates that.

So to sum up... MOAR REACH.

what race distances are you doing?

Eric

Jonny89 wrote:
After my last 70.3 of the season (that I felt some lower back pain in the final part of the ride and abdominal cramps during the start of the run) I started tweaking my position. I was feeling a little scrunched up so here was my thought process:

- Changed the 70mm stem of the canyon to a 100mm Aeria Ultimate
- Droped the saddle a full cm
- Tilted the tip of the saddle down a little more to help with pelvis rotation

I'm already on 165mm cranks and that is a little trickier to change. During the minutes I was testing in the trainer I felt comfortable, but I still need to do a longer ride to be sure.

I can easily move the pads fore/aft, drop the saddle more or add stack with spacers.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Critic my fit. [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the feedback! I may be learning one thing or two with my time spent here in ST =D.

Eric thank you for the explanation regarding the tilting, the only thing that I can do to add more reach is to move just the pads forward and I'll try that.

This year I did 4 x olympics and 2 x 70.3, but next year I'll focus on shorter distances only.

Have a nice week!

Joao
Quote Reply