Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMFL course reactions [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips for spectating? I will be there supporting a buddy attempting his first IM. I have ever been to Haines City or done the 70.3 that goes with it so I/we are going in blind on where to set-up to see him the most.

Thanks for any feedback.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Eva Community Park will be the best venue to spectate for both the swim and the run. There will be vendors, shade, and lots of sherpas. There is virtually ZILCH in Haines City so it's not like there are any other good options. However, once athletes leave T1 they will not be back until they complete the bike ride. If you want to see them on the bike you'll need to get out on the course. The closest point to see them halfway would be in front of Haines City Senior High School as athletes come up N. 30th and continue straight for loop 2.

If you are adventurous, you could go out to Lake Hatchineha road and watch them early in Loop 1 as they turn left on Watkins Road. A good while later while still on Loop 1, the athletes will come back onto Lake Hatchineha Road and turn left onto Jim Edwards road. These two turns are less than a half mile apart. So conceivably, you could watch someone here 4 times, then head back to T2 after the turn onto Jim Edwards on their 2nd loop. The only issue would be 1) there isn't jack out at those two turns and 2) I have no idea how traffic would be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info.

Good luck out there Sunday!! So happy everyone(at last those who can and want to) gets to race this weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you learn about 300 took deferments to TX?
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Miller from Base posted that on FB.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [TriJayhawkRyan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriJayhawkRyan wrote:
who pulls off a full IM course from nowhere 4 weeks out from race day?

They didn't start from nowhere.....they already had the 70.3 course.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I counted 13 turns on the swim course. Yikes!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL course reactions [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just looked at the run course close. Good news they reversed it from the 70.3 around lake Eva. That is a big deal because the hills on 17 are downhill ( no shade ) will make it much more friendly.......good luck to all
Quote Reply

Prev Next