Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN
Quote | Reply
Gustav Iden will race 70.3 Middle East Championship in Bahrain 8th of December.

Gustav have done one 70.3 race. It was in Haugesund in 2016
Iden, Gustav NOR
0:20:22
2:09:19
1:11:28
3:44:34
As a strong cyclist and OK runner. This could be interesting.
Last edited by: Halvard: Oct 26, 18 10:00
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow tgat will be interesting! Hope he will come on here and tell us a bit about his prep!

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can follow his training on Strava https://www.strava.com/athletes/817333

He is also updating a lot on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/gustav_iden/
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to tell you guys about me prep if you want! Just ask me question, and I will try my best to answer. We are in the altitude in Sierra Nevada with the team now. Even though I just had some time of from training in the season break, I'm in OK shape at the moment. But I'm glad there is still some time to the race. Haven't been on my TT bike since 2016, so it's gonna be fun to do some of that when I get home from camp.

Norwegian National Team Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for coming to slowtwitch.

How long was your break and do you do another break during the year?

Is it easy for you to jump into a 70.3 because you do a lot of steady state training in the off-season anyway?

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [Guiden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you structured your training any differently for the longer race? You seem to be a great group of guys up in Sierra Nevada, would be awesome if you could convince Blu, Gabriel and the others to join you!
Do you mostly do threshold work or are you guys still doing fast quarters up in the mountain?

Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
Thanks for coming to slowtwitch.

How long was your break and do you do another break during the year?

Is it easy for you to jump into a 70.3 because you do a lot of steady state training in the off-season anyway?

My break was 2 weeks. This time I only had a total of 6 hours or so of training during those weeks. So a LOT less then a normal week for me. But during the last weeks of competition I already have taken down my volume quite a bit, so I was on the limit on my form at the last race. So it's kind of hard to get back in the same amount of volum training I had in the resource-period during the summer.

Maybe it is a bit easier for me to to train for 70.3 than other athletes, but the Ironman I did 2 years ago was the hardest thing I have ever done. The training regime we have during this time of year matches very closely to a 70.3 one, so I think this is the perfect time of year to do some long distance stuff. And motivation is everything in training, so I think this is a good thing for me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We don't really do anything over treshold now. It's just about getting the fitness back after a long season. Easy training, walking in the beautiful mountains and doing some longer treshold in every discipline. We don't alter the structure for a 70.3 race. I have all my ambitions in the WTS races next year. We are gonna do some specific IM sessions, but the overall structure stay the same.

We are gonna be a #NorwegianArmy there ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds reasonable! I follow most of you guys and looks like a good time down there, def better than in scandinavia right now. Thanks for coming on here! Good luck with your training!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking to run in Bahrain on a fast flat course? You must do a fair amount of work at around 3'km for ITU right? So I'm thinking 3'15/km to 3'20 should be reasonable for a half marathon which would give 1h10 to 1h11. What do you think? The question will be if you can hold it for 21km.
Will you be riding the new Specialized Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: ITU Gustav Iden will race RONMAN 70.3 MIDDLE EAST CHAMPIONSHIP BAHRAIN [rudyvonberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have quite high ambitions, so 1:10 is not gonna cut it. I ran quite comfortable 30:12 in Lausanne WC, and my guess would be 3:10 pace or faster.

I have not decided 100% on TT bike yet. My deal with Specialized does not involve any TT, so not gonna ride the new Shiv.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is your power threshold on the bike? And can you produce the same power on the TT as on the Road bike? Are you already working on your position?
Quote Reply