Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek MonoExtension Aero Bars
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion regarding these bars (monoExtension all carbon) on my 2016 Trek Speed Concept 7.5 . The hands sit about ~4” apart but I need them closer. I don’t see any other options on Trek’s website or elsewhere. Other than buying a whole new bike, HOW can I ride with my hands closer together?
(Hopefully, my photo attaches so you can see what I’m talking about)(nope, won't attach, file too big. Sorry!)
Last edited by: TriathlonHolly: Oct 25, 18 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: Trek MonoExtension Aero Bars [TriathlonHolly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to get the plug-in mono extension where you can use any extension you want and it allows you to rotate the extensions inward to get them closer together.

Only challenge is that the plug-in mono extension is very hard to find and I believe trek has been on backorder for quite some time.

See the plug-in option here:

https://www.trekbikes.com/...r-extension/p/11862/

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup - get the plug in. That really should have been default with the bike.

I clicked link and one store in my area had it in stock. You might have start calling ships to see if they have one since it is OOS.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same challenge when I got my Speed Concept. The plug in mono extension solved it. Allowed me to rotate the extensions to get them where my hands are comfortable, both for how close they are and how I prefer having the extension portion in my hand having a little inward tilt rather than being straight up.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Trek MonoExtension Aero Bars [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe you lose some range with the arm pads with the mono plugin
Quote Reply
Re: Trek MonoExtension Aero Bars [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES!!! Thank you so much, Everyone! You're an immense help!
Quote Reply