I am currently using two training apps to record and syncing to four total:

Indoor:
TrainerRoad -> Garmin
TrainerRoad -> TrainingPeaks
TrainerRoad -> Strava

Outdoor:
Garmin -> TrainerRoad
Garmin -> TrainingPeaks
Garmin -> Strava (and then map usually gets pushed to TrainerRoad ride)

Once I finish a ride, everything seems to get pushed to the other apps just fine, with some minor variation (e.g. Garmin and TP title is “Gravel Cycling”, in Strava it’s “Morning Ride”.

Now, however, I want to rename a ride, add some notes, add pics, etc, and these later updates do not get pushed anywhere, so I end up with scattered updates and ride info. It’s not terrible, but I would like having this synced.

Is there a way to delay a ride push until I get the ride annotated? Is there a way to push an update out from one application to the rest? Any other thoughts on ways to do this? Is there an app that promises to this for me that I don’t have yet (though I know from experience I’d probsbly just end up with drift across five apps at that point).

Any other thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use TR anymore, but from recollection, the push can be manual from the activity screen. Has this changed?
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [JRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JRC wrote:
https://tapiriik.com/

This! Works great for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [JRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I will look into this!
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This doesn't help with your question (but I'll check out that suggestion someone made), but why do you want to sync your outdoor rides to TR? Also, I don't know what difference it makes, but I sync my TR rides to Strava and TP from my garmin as well. I don't have TR set up to push anywhere. It logs every indoor ride I do and that same ride it pushed to Strava, GC, and TP from my garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Syncing ride updates across multiple training applications [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm following a TR plan right now so I have the planned workouts in the calendar. On nicer days, though, I try to do the workout or a comparable ride outside, so when I look at the calendar, it's nice to see what I actually did in addition to seeing "skipped" for the workout. Right now I get the map from Strava and the power, etc. data from Garmin and/or Strava into TR.
Quote Reply