Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled?
Quote | Reply

I suspect it may have been a troll but there were some good point made and some questions answered.
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw same on Reddit.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damnit all the good points I made in hopes usat would read it. No good way to get across to them...
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe USAT didn't want to hear from their license holders and asked Dan to yank it?

If that thread stayed up maybe they would actually have to get serious about undertaking some of the suggestions?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link to reddit thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the anon guy somehow tipped his identity and wanted it pulled
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [Gonefishin5555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was some first class trolling though! Extra points awarded...

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Maybe USAT didn't want to hear from their license holders and asked Dan to yank it?

If that thread stayed up maybe they would actually have to get serious about undertaking some of the suggestions?

^^ Thanks DD. True.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

Sad that this could be true. Wish Slowman would let us know. He's been plenty vocal about USAT issues in the past.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
I suspect it may have been a troll but there were some good point made and some questions answered.

i couldn't verify the user's identity, nor could USAT, and there was nothing in the user account that would tell me. so, i didn't delete the thread. i hid it from view. if either USAT or that particular user (whose account i did not ban) directs me to replace the thread, i gladly will. but the inference in the original post is that this was an official reachout on behalf of USAT. i'm not going to allow a thread like that to live here under false pretenses. if it was a true USAT reachout, i'm glad to replace it.

if you want to gripe about USAT, fine. i don't think i've ever pulled a post or thread about that. but you can't start a thread under the pretense of representing any entity if in fact you don't.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dang it guys, know all i want in this life is to see the original post
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [peace242000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peace242000 wrote:

OP said they were new to USAT staff and reaching out to ST for thoughts on improving USAT services to membership. I think in a follow on post they clarified their request wasn't outright sanctioned by anyone in charge and they were asking out of the desire to know where they might be able to internally provide input to USAT for areas of improvement.

Responses ran the gamut of typical USAT complaints. Personally I thought the tone of most responses was more than acceptable by ST standards unless it later degraded and I missed that part.
Quote Reply
Re: Out of curiosity, why was the USATAnon thread pulled? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
peace242000 wrote:

OP said they were new to USAT staff and reaching out to ST for thoughts on improving USAT services to membership. I think in a follow on post they clarified their request wasn't outright sanctioned by anyone in charge and they were asking out of the desire to know where they might be able to internally provide input to USAT for areas of improvement.

Responses ran the gamut of typical USAT complaints. Personally I thought the tone of most responses was more than acceptable by ST standards unless it later degraded and I missed that part.

Yes, I was completely impressed that they may finally actually care about what is said and their perception in the tri community. I took it as a VERY positive step and was ready to send Kudos to the OP. I hope it's legit, as after so many years of their obstinance and non caring, I saw it as a positive sign. I actually thought that finally the new CEO was having an effect. If it's bogus, I am more disappointed than ever.
Quote Reply