Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge
Quote | Reply
I've noticed the charging light stopped coming on a little while ago, but I think it was still charging. Now, it dies after a minute after being plugged in all night, so I assume it's not charging at all. Messaged Scosche support a couple of times, never heard back. Anyone had this happen?
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep had this happen. Figured my rhythm unit was shot (4 years old) so bought a new one. For some reason I tried the new charger on the old rhythm and it charged! So the problem was the charger! Maybe you can get their attention better on FB or Twitter and ask for a new charger.
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
Yep had this happen. Figured my rhythm unit was shot (4 years old) so bought a new one. For some reason I tried the new charger on the old rhythm and it charged! So the problem was the charger! Maybe you can get their attention better on FB or Twitter and ask for a new charger.

I had the same, but for me, the new charger did not do the trick. My old charger works just fine for the new strap, so I have a spare though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lightly scuffed the two metal charging posts with a very fine grit sandpaper and it started working again. My strap won't even go 3 hours now, so I need to use that charger lots!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. The little contact pins on the charger wear out. I bought a new charger from amazon, and all was good again.
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, will give it a go!
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll try this before bothering with a new charger
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing here, one of the pins wasn't providing enough contact. New charger fixed things, thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to cleaning the contacts, another trick that worked for me was plugging the Rhythm+ into the charger first, and then plugging in the charger cable. Otherwise it would go into searching-for-a-connection mode rather than charging mode. Even with that, I often had to plug/unplug several times to get it to work. Frustrating, but considering how much I've used it over the last four years I've gotten my money's worth.
Last edited by: mike_w: Nov 8, 18 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine stopped charging too.

I cleaned the contacts but it didn't make a difference.

Then I noticed that applying just a tiny bit of pressure would let the charging work. So I got an elastic band and wrapped it a few times around it and from then on it always charged with out any problems. Until I lost it in the Spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
Same thing here, one of the pins wasn't providing enough contact. New charger fixed things, thank you!

Did scuffing the charging pins with sandpaper do anything in your case?
Quote Reply
Re: Scosche Rhythm+ won't charge [mike_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this worked for me.
I had already ordered the new waterproof model but this will get me by until it arrives.
I have had mine for five years. I have had to buy two new chargers in that time, the little charging prongs get stuck in the down position.
I use it five or six times a week for five years. It is a great product.
Quote Reply