Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge in the Americas
Quote | Reply
I see Challenge has a couple new Mexican races, along with Daytona. I know this is an old topic, and was much-discussed during the brief Rev3 tie up, but why can’t they offer some Roth slots with these? I suspect a lot of people would go to these races if that was possible. Otherwise, not worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge in the Americas [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see some Roth slots, I think that was one of the issues with the breakdown with REV3. They did not want to make Roth into a championship. They just need to have some more races, and I think that Roth slots would make slightly more people interested in doing Challenge races. I did AC the first year, as well as Maine and St Andrews where they were Challenge/REV3. Thought they could have been a good option, but until they have something other than just a race they are not going to make bid headway into North America. They Championship just has no appeal to me, no history, and looks like atrocious travel to get there.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge in the Americas [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roth slots are way more valuable than the championship race, at least IMO. Roth is selling out in a matter of minutes if I am not mistaken, showing that year after year there are people lining up to do it. All of the sudden have slots popping up in other locations and those races may start to see an increase in registration. Does Roth have the same draw to it as Kona, no, but there is still a big draw to it.

I think the main reason is because the races are licensed, if I am not mistaken, and the only Challenge Family owned race is Roth? (And I may even be wrong on that as I believe the Challenge business innerworkings are quite complex). So if they start having slots at certain races, that could create problems with their other licensees wanting those slots at their races as well, and then all of the sudden every Challenge race has a select number of slots and it may no longer make those races in the "Americas" "special".

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone on here entered in the Challenge Daytona Race?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge in the Americas [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am contemplating doing the sprint race in Ensenada but only because I LOVE eating baja fish tacos.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge in the Americas [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Registered and a Challenge Daytona ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon people. Why doesn't Roth offer slots? Because they are not fucking Ironman.
Can't you just do race because it's awesome, or do you need a lollipop reward?

You also have to know the history of Roth. When the elder Walchshöfer passed away, he instructed his family to respect his wishes and always make it open for all.
As long as the Walchshöfer family is running the race, that is the way it will be.
Last edited by: NordicSkier: Oct 23, 18 21:57
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge in the Americas [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going into slot allocations is not there thing, at least for now
Being able to stand in line for a championship and register first come first serve is something unique .I think the only other way is a festive Christmas lottery or a finish in all there FIM races (Venice still in there -they might replace this one within the new year)
Quote Reply