Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Escape from Alcatraz cost [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you are calling it the north American dentist championships. //

Ha!! Now that is funny. They do have a smallish but good pro field, so there is that at least. Nice for the AG'ers to see what is possible...
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz cost [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won the lottery, bought a ticket, and even a VIP pass for my girlfriend!

Now I need to go back to school to become a dentist.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz cost [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sell out at $750 just like they did at $350. It may take them a little longer these days, but why should they not charge what the market will bear? As far as competition goes, you would be hard pressed to find a more competitive field anywhere with the exception of USAT Nationals. I did a quick check of results pre and post price change and anecdotally it looks like it is more competitive today than ever.

Is it extraordinarily expensive? Yes. But, if I was going to do one race for the year, this would be it. No other swim, no other bike and no other run is anything like it.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz cost [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
No other swim, no other bike and no other run is anything like it.

True, but it's over SO FAST.

Now, if they somehow made this Escape From Alcatraz 70.3, the entry price would be more worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape from Alcatraz cost [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Up until last year, at all of their races, they gave free entries to either AG winner or top 3 AG. They didn't do that prior to the price change. That plays a big role on why it looked more competitive. They've now stopped that. Do a comparison again after the 2019 race to see if the competition at the top 10 of each AG to see if it's still as competitive.

Greatzaa wrote:
They sell out at $750 just like they did at $350. It may take them a little longer these days, but why should they not charge what the market will bear? As far as competition goes, you would be hard pressed to find a more competitive field anywhere with the exception of USAT Nationals. I did a quick check of results pre and post price change and anecdotally it looks like it is more competitive today than ever.

Is it extraordinarily expensive? Yes. But, if I was going to do one race for the year, this would be it. No other swim, no other bike and no other run is anything like it.

Prev Next