Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear?
Quote | Reply
I am racing (registered today) Ironman Louisville next year and I am already looking at gear. Anyone race in Wattie Ink gear? I am looking at the aero top and short. Not into the race suit -

Thanks for the help
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [CvilleJames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife does and loves their stuff. I just bought a trisuit on sale to try it myself. It seems really high quality with a little bit thicker material than the Zoot or Pearl Izumi suits I’ve been wearing over the last couple years, but under the arms, there’s a nice almost mesh thin material that I hope will be good for shoulder flexibility in the swim. The first thing I noticed about the fit was that both the legs and sleeves are longer than any trisuit (and most shorts) I’ve ever had. For reference, I’m 5’9”, 155-ish, normal proportions, and the small is tight (like I prefer). The sleeves cover my entire upper arm and the legs go all the way to my knees. It seems great on the one trainer ride and brick I’ve worn it.

I know you’re talking 2-piece, but I hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
High quality but too LOUD of designs for me. Overpriced as well. Lots of other companies out there for less with great quality stuff and can customize as well, or get a stock version. Check out EPIX Gear. I like their stuff & the chamois is awesome. Very well priced. HQ is in Denver, Colorado. They are easy to work with & do any custom art with their in-house artist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had the two piece when racing for a local tri team. Currently wearing a bike kit for a local team as well. They both are, at minimum, as comfortable as anything else I've worn. Both bib shorts and tri shorts lock into place and don't start getting saggy even on 6+ hour rides or IM races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore the shorts for Augusta in September as well as on many training rides. Sizing chart was accurate. No draw string if that’s an issue for you. I’d buy another pair without hesitating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used their speed suit as well as the aero top and tri shorts.

I'm a big fan of the gear. They have the perfect thickness of pad for me that is thin enough I don't notice it when running, but thick enough my taint isn't destroyed on long rides.

Only complaint I have is that if you have a long torso, the top is a little short and you will get the bare midriff sunburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used the shorts and top a couple of years ago as a sponsored team. Really like them, I think they were sized just a hair small. I did not purchase any of the other sets (cost).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have worn and raced in their shorts and tri-top. Found them both comfortable and well fitting with no chafing issues. Sizing runs tight. High quality Lycra. They seem to have a huge range of designs so you can go loud or subtle. Agree on the high end for cost but I found them quality.
Full disclosure - my partner has multiple items, she has access to a team discount. She absolutely raves about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have rode and ran in the top. Shorts on back order but plan on wearing Wattie Ink or Desoto at Indian Wells. Will do long training rides and run in both over next several weeks. Love the unique designs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

One specific question on Wattie Ink (thanks CvilleJames to initiate thread) :

is the chamois large enough for split saddle (ISM Adamo Prologue) ?

Skins Tri400, much too narrow, not able to use it with this split saddle.
Compressport : better, but still a bit narrow, so not enough chamois down the sides, destructed the short in a few 100k
Fusion : large enough chamois for the ISM.

Like Wattie Ink design, but do not want to buy an expensive equipment and not be comfortable / destruct the product quickly with my LD saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I race in Wattie gear, and have the same saddle! I love it and it works great, the pad is plenty long to work with the saddle and you will be good! I have used both their speed suit, and the shorts and aero jersey, and like them both, so go with which every you feel more comfortable with.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattie ink makes my favorite pair of tri shorts ever. Perfect amount of compression, thick enough pad for comfy bike, thin enough to disappear on the run.

I hate 90% of their designs, so just get the plain solid color shorts.

I did try one of their sleeveless tri tops and it’s terrible. Thicker fabric that stretches and feels heavy when wet. I tried one of the new sleeved tri tops (NOT aero top - that’s just a bike jersey) and it’s much better.

My previous fav shorts were DeSoto, but the “upgrades” they’ve done over past few years are terrible. Pad has gotten too thick, seams in funky places, and fabric doesn’t breathe like it used to, and first pair of shorts to ever give me saddle sores.

Thankfully the Wattie Ink shorts is great alternative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everything that needed to be said about Wattie Ink was covered in here

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...0_tri_suit_P6350805/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a running top, not tri gear. its the worst I've ever worn. I've never had irritation before and it only happens when i wear that shirt. their trucker hat sucks too. its way too rigid

when i placed my order, something got mixed up on my browser and only part of it was submitted, i realized the next day and contacted them (team store closed at midnight), they replied back 3 days later that it was too late. so service was crap too.

i know many love them but i cant see myself ever purchasing from them again.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well... no

Lot of blabla on price and look, but no useful info, especially on the question I ask...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [BabaBooey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What running shirt do you have...I have one and I have no irritation at all. Now, I wouldn't say it's a $60 tank top...because I don't believe there are such things...but the fabric feels fine.

Their customer service could be better I'm sure...but nothing beats how shitty Love the Pain is.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot which model, it was part of the team store. It felt fine when I put it on, managed heat well but it irritated the hellmout of my skin.

People drink their coolaid something fierce
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [BabaBooey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BabaBooey wrote:
People drink their coolaid something fierce

People really should stop saying that

https://www.forbes.com/...ol-aid/#38bf8a7b34e3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.7c56243b1807

http://mentalfloss.com/...in-drinking-kool-aid

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Wattie gear since they started! Love it! I recommend it to everyone I talk to. You will not be disappointed in the quality and durability of their products. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Adamo TT saddle on my P2 and the Wattie Ink shorts are fine.

FYI, I purchased mine on eBay for $40.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$40 on EBay? Were they used?

Parkland wrote:
I have the Adamo TT saddle on my P2 and the Wattie Ink shorts are fine.

FYI, I purchased mine on eBay for $40.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone race in Wattie Ink Gear? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were new.

Over print for a tri club or a misprint I think. There was a seller that had a ton of Wattie Ink gear and would sell it. Bidding was crazy on that stuff! Not sure how I lucked out with a pair for $40 but glad I did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QT2 kit is Wattie Ink...Have worn the same Tri shorts for 6IM, 7 70.3, and a bunch of training days the last 3 years-they still look and function "as new"-The bike jersey is showing some wear but that has a lot more days in it...Tri tank and short sleeve tops have a bunch of days and still look/feel new-

Hope this helps...I would buy the product even if they were not affiliated with a team I was on.
Quote Reply