Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Di2 battery not holding charge
Quote | Reply
Per title, any idea what to look for and/or how to diagnose?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 battery not holding charge [hawkrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need more info:
  1. Is it an occasional thing or consistent/repeatable?
  2. How long does it take to discharge?

Quote Reply
Re: Di2 battery not holding charge [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
repeatable and only holds charge for an hour or so

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be a short. Take it to a dealer and they can plug it in and find the source of the problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is done you need to buy a new one. Batteries have a life especially if left flat a long time or maybe discharging on short. Regardless don't risk it just get a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would start by systematically disconnecting one component from the system to see if there is a faulty part. So, charge, disconnect RD and wait; recharge, disconnect FD, wait; recharge, disconnect right shifter, wait... etc.

It would be ideal if you could disconnect the device and its wire. That would help determine if maybe a wire is damaged. Though. If a wire had a short, that would likely kill the whole system. (I know from personal experience that a short kills the entire CAN Bus in cars.)

If there is no component at fault, then the problem is probably the battery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swapped out the batteries in mine for about ÂŁ10. Relatively simple job but you'll need a soldering iron.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This sounds way more efficient than just taking it to a shop, if you live in Northern Alaska.

Quote Reply
Re: Di2 battery not holding charge [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Might be a short. Take it to a dealer and they can plug it in and find the source of the problem.
What kind of dark magic do you think a dealer possesses?

I should probably amend my original post to say “plug it in to the wired ETube PC app and run a diagnostics. If it that does not work, then go component by component.”

A short would render the whole system offline. If there is a short, then plugging it into etube would do nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it was D-Fly being connected to my bike computer which I would forget to turn off occasionally. That drained my Di2 battery.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply