Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oceanwalker technique
Quote | Reply
Tried searching the forum on any info about it, but could not find.

Anyone drank the cool aid? Did a Swim Camp, Webinar or 1:1?

What is your review?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanwalker technique [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lemos wrote:
Tried searching the forum on any info about it, but could not find.
Anyone drank the cool aid? Did a Swim Camp, Webinar or 1:1?
What is your review?
Thanks!

TBH, I had not ever heard of this "ocean walker technique" before today but, after watching the 1 min video of the founder Adam Walker, his stroke looks pretty much like your standard good swimmer's technique. He does exaggerate the high elbows just a tad bit but I suspect this was mainly just to make the point of importance of high elbows. In sum, I don't see much diff from standard technique.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Oceanwalker technique [lemos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was also pointed to him from some of my athletes, it looks great, does't it? BUT, a few things:

- he is basically swimming catch up drill, the loss of momentum and inertia is massive as he spends half of his stroke with a dead spot, why not speed things up a little and start the catch a little earlier? Wouldn't look as cool and smooth.

- I think he is 6'4 or so, height and stroke rate are correlated, go look at stroke rate of women's long distance swimmers VS mens

- For someone with no swimming background to achieve that especially to hold that form under fatigue, it won't happen.

Finding a good rhythm and working on fitness is a better and more realistic option

--
Vinnie Santana, Multisport Coach
http://www.ironguides.net
* * * Your best is our business. * * *
Quote Reply