Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P2 (2014) FD hole on seat tube
Quote | Reply
For the life of me I cannot find what's best to put in the circular hole on the seat tube just above the BB where the cable comes out for the FD. Most pictures have a crank so it's hard to see it clearly, but I have seen an inserted cable stop (that I can't seem to find online), normal cable housing, and just bare cable. I've read stories of cables ripping into frames, so would like some protection for the frame and cable. Is there a specific Cervélo cable stop like the ones on the top tube or should I use normal cable housing/teflon tubing to protect it?

Eggnog is why I train.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 (2014) FD hole on seat tube [dreggnog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just run a piece of housing all the way through on mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you look here?

https://www.excelsports.com/search/?keyword=Cervelo

Or do you have a local Cervelo dealer?
If not try asking Trent at the TriShop in Plano Tx or Julie at Pacific Cycling and Triathlon in Stamford, CT as they are Cervelo dealers, lurk around here, and may be able to help.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 19, 18 9:43
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 (2014) FD hole on seat tube [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did look on Excel Sports, which was great for the cable stops for the top tube and chainstay, but nothing on the seat tube. Unfortunately no Cervélo dealers near me and the two in Indy I went to during a race weekend didn't know what to put. If housing works, that seems simple enough for me, thanks!

Eggnog is why I train.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2015 P2 came with just bare cable there (which I thought looked a little strange). No issues though with rubbing so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Housing liner works, but you don't really need to do anything. The cable is not likely to saw through the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 (2014) FD hole on seat tube [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can find nearly everything cable widget parts at Jagwire. You can ID the part you want, and then find an online retailer who sells that Jagwire part.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2012 came with a 3 or 4 inch length of inner cable liner like was posted above.
Quote Reply