Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!)
Quote | Reply
This really is the best wallet for a triathlete. Check it out:

http://www.thejimi.com/store.html

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I'll bite: what makes so good? It's kinda hard to tell from the website...
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [norton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is small and low profile. The bright colors (I have the orange shown) eneable you to find it easily in your gear bag/transition bag. You can stuff it in with your wet stuff on the way from the pool or in with your nasty clothes coming home from a race and your gross wetsuit, nasty, wet tri clothes and dirty, wet towel won't foul up your money and stuff. You can actually put it in your pocket and go swimming (did it in Belize a few weeks ago). They sell a lanyard that lets you attach it to a belt loop/drawstring for swimming or surfing.

They're kinda cool. Low drag coefficeint too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are the dimensions? Can you post a pic of one next to a pencil or something so we can get an idea of scale.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is slick - Ive soaked the contents of my wallet with rain/pool water/sweat enough to actually pay $15 for something like this. And It never hurts to be more aero.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T thanks for bringing this my attention. One of the benefits is its splash proof, and living on the wet coast of Canada this is actually very useful to me. Will replace the zip lock bag which is the best solution I have come up with so far. Going to pick one up at B&L when I am down there in Carlsbad in a few weeks.

Quote | Reply
"put it in your pocket and go swimming"

From the looks of that demo, it didn't look very "waterproof". More like water "resistant".

Is there a gasket in there that really keeps the water out..?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No gasket. It just kind of snaps shut. I would agree that it isn't "waterproof" per se', bu I did have one in my pocket while snorkeling and the money was bone dry.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks like a pretty good deal. Put your ID, CC, and some cash in it for those long rides and put it in your jersey pocket. No more zip lock baggies.........

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [jman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$15 would buy a hella lot Zip-Lock baggies and they would be a lot more water proof that's for sure. Factor in shipping and it doesn't seem worth it to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom

I put all my wet shit in a garbage bag. Cheap works great. I am sure I am not the first one to do this.

Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Tom

I put all my wet shit in a garbage bag. Cheap works great. I am sure I am not the first one to do this.

Bob
I know a man with a net worth well over $100 million and he uses a hefty bag as his gymbag.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can find similar boxes of different shapes/ sizes at a boating store like west marine or boat us. None really expensive, but they will have gaskets.

I thought doing a triathlon meant raising three rugrats
-Nick Stanziola-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's no pink one. :(
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean

I hope he would put the garbage bag in a cool Tri pack. Thats what I do just keeps everything dry. Do it with my gym bag to.

Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Last edited by: Longboarder: Jan 7, 06 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]$15 would buy a hella lot Zip-Lock baggies and they would be a lot more water proof that's for sure. Factor in shipping and it doesn't seem worth it to me.[/reply]

True
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd tend to prefer a lil wallet mor like this.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm holding out for a carbon version.
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He doesn't put his garbage bag into another bag. The garbage bag IS his workout bag!
Quote Reply
Re: The best wallet for triathletes.... (really, look!) [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sad!

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it comes in a men's version?

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply