Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stage Race Triathlon?
Quote | Reply
In this age of extreme triathlon, haute route and the 50/50 bs (leeeeet's just leave it at that), am I missing that someone has already done a 'stage race' triathlon (for amatuer participation) over the course of 3+ days?

In my own head I am thinking about a place where you could have at least 3 different courses with their own variances (e.g. ocean/lake/river swims, flat/hilly/straight up climbs for bike & run) and pool the times together. Not necessarily IM distances but varying distances on each course to fit the venue.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super League?

https://www.superleaguetriathlon.com/about/#race_categories

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://floridaxtremetriathlon.com/Home.aspx

Three days, point-topoint, so different course (and distance) each day.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is almost exactly what I was hoping to see, thanks!! I do just wish they had hills and serious climbs in Florida. I was thinking southern cali would be a good place for this to truly find the best all around triathlete if they include climbs and such. Still, this is likely on my list for next year now

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triple T in southern Ohio? It's not 3+ days, but it's 4 races in 3 days. Been around for years.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always Aim high have 3 events over the season with a sprint on the Saturday and long oly on the Sunday in Northern Wales.

Genuinely one of the best events I've ever done. Competition level is pretty high too.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [Isbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hawaii Ultraman has been doing this for what 25 or 30 years now? They also have a multi Island races as well or had one in the State.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
In this age of extreme triathlon, haute route and the 50/50 bs (leeeeet's just leave it at that), am I missing that someone has already done a 'stage race' triathlon (for amatuer participation) over the course of 3+ days?

In my own head I am thinking about a place where you could have at least 3 different courses with their own variances (e.g. ocean/lake/river swims, flat/hilly/straight up climbs for bike & run) and pool the times together. Not necessarily IM distances but varying distances on each course to fit the venue.
The American Triple T is a great triathlon stage race. One of these you just have to experience to really appreciate.

Friday = Supersprint
Saturday AM = Olympic 1
Saturday PM = Olympic 2 as Bike-Swim-Run, with a different bike course from the morning race
Sunday = Half ironman distance

It's a beast, course is very hilly, and the racing really adds up quickly. But probably one of the best races in the country.
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
hadukla wrote:

The American Triple T is a great triathlon stage race. One of these you just have to experience to really appreciate.

Friday = Supersprint
Saturday AM = Olympic 1
Saturday PM = Olympic 2 as Bike-Swim-Run, with a different bike course from the morning race
Sunday = Half ironman distance

It's a beast, course is very hilly, and the racing really adds up quickly. But probably one of the best races in the country.

Chicago Triathlon has the triple challenge. Two day event

Saturday - Supersprint
Sunday -
Olympic 6am
sprint 10:00 am

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
Hawaii Ultraman has been doing this for what 25 or 30 years now? They also have a multi Island races as well or had one in the State.

More looking to something that is more full on triathlon each day like that florida thing. But ideally, it would have courses that vary the terrain to suit different strengths. I totally respect ultraman but I have not the guts to go that long.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: Stage Race Triathlon? [Isbjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isbjorn wrote:
Always Aim high have 3 events over the season with a sprint on the Saturday and long oly on the Sunday in Northern Wales.

Genuinely one of the best events I've ever done. Competition level is pretty high too.

Yeah, that sounds like it. Thanks! that makes a trip from the US worth it for shorter distance stuff

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply