Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [RichardL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that!

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I hadn't clicked on that while at the office 😬

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rob_bell wrote:

UFO is top
Squirt is second

Here is a quote from that link:

"At the opposite end, a chain treated with Molten Speed Wax ate up just 4.2W of rider energy in Smith’s testing, while outlasting Kerin’s 6,000km-long wear testing procedure (and proving in the real world, with real riders, to go past 15,000km), something no drip lube has done as of yet."

Note that CeramicSpeed wisely/deliberately removed MSW from the chart provided in the link since it's an outstanding competitor.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [blayze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blayze wrote:
I simply use ProLink because it's light and widely available here. I can't be bothered with wax... feels like too much work. I'd rather be out there riding so for me I'll happily sacrifice the extra 1-2W for convenience.

The main reason I like the wax is how clean it is. The fact that it is 1-2W faster doesn't matter to me! My chain and drivetrain look new all the time now, never any oil/dirt transfer, can grab my chain for wheel changes and nothing gets on my hands, etc.

That said, for people who hate working on their bikes, waxing is probably a no go! I've always enjoyed wrenching my bikes, and enjoy the process of cleaning/waxing the chain.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cgrubb wrote:

Try googling Wendwax and you will soon find the very negative answer on that!

I did try and i only found some reviews and not much. The 26 reviews on Amazon had it at 4 starts tho.

BTW - friction-facts changed named to ceramicspeed. Can't really locate the friction facts..

but having read this link from a poster here --> https://zerofrictioncycling.com.au/...-review-Wend-Wax.pdf

it's a WOW...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thanks for these links. it was a Great Read (disclosure: I didn't read the entirety of the pdf.. it was pretty elaborate)
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His username is β€œmy junk” so I would have thought it would go in a different direction also. I asked the girl behind the counter at the adult store and she recommended Jo H2O. One application seems to always last longer than I can lol.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [blayze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blayze wrote:
I simply use ProLink because it's light and widely available here. I can't be bothered with wax... feels like too much work. I'd rather be out there riding so for me I'll happily sacrifice the extra 1-2W for convenience.

I'm with you.. however, ProLink is at the end of the sprectrum on the ZFC chart. It doesn't bother you that you could get something possibly better and w/o all the bother w/ wax based on the chart?
I'm lazy as well but if the price diff is not much or in fact cheaper, I would drop ProLink and get another lube closer to the left of the chart.

just wondering.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvenneta wrote:
You all disappoint me. Hoped this thread would go in a different direction

I agree. Disappointing.

Some really boring people on this forum

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how Primer Tactical's Ultra Glide compares to that of the CS UFO and Squirt. Anyone test this stuff yet?
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
myjunk wrote:
blayze wrote:

I'm with you.. however, ProLink is at the end of the sprectrum on the ZFC chart. It doesn't bother you that you could get something possibly better and w/o all the bother w/ wax based on the chart?
I'm lazy as well but if the price diff is not much or in fact cheaper, I would drop ProLink and get another lube closer to the left of the chart.

just wondering.

You are right. Tri-flow is the other one that's widely available near me - I will try that one next time.
Quote Reply
Re: What Lube do you use or Prefer? [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our Ultraglide lube is an emulsion blended wax with nano particle tungsten disulfide (WS2).

It works very much like Squirt lube - in fact we recommend Squirt lube or our lube for use with our optimized chains.

The tungsten disulfide is a super fine very slick lubricant that will drive itself into the small micro valleys between the pins rollers and plates on the chain during use.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next