Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem, saw this thread last night and the post above stating Nike didn't own the foam so I figured I'd do some research on it.

I'm guessing a lot of companies will move towards using Pebax or a just as expensive competitor over time thus pushing the envelope on price point. Probably see polyurethane going the way of the do do.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
No problem, saw this thread last night and the post above stating Nike didn't own the foam so I figured I'd do some research on it.

I'm guessing a lot of companies will move towards using Pebax or a just as expensive competitor over time thus pushing the envelope on price point. Probably see polyurethane going the way of the do do.
I don't know. TPU lasts muuuuch longer than EVA and PEBA(X). The resilience is on a different level. There's probably a place for combinations of each.

Skechers, for instance, is doing awesome stuff with EVA. Adidas still makes great shoes with TPU and recently showed an evolution of Boost. So I don't know what the future holds, but I'm enjoying what we have at present.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would label TPU as a competitor of Pebax since all of Adidas top end shoes are built off that platform. (Is this right, at least that's what it is to my layman eyes.)

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [tie3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i used to run in newtons, but kept getting a bruise under the ball of my foot...switched to on cloud surfers and racers and have used them since they were first introduced..no issues transitioning. i have used the on shoes for every marathon and im for the last several years...love them!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pegasus Turbo = meh

I didn't see much of a difference between the turbo and the Pegasus 34. The price point is too high for what you get with the Turbo. It was softer but that is about the only difference. Its a more expensive version of a daily trainer for owners of the 4%.
Last edited by: Scottxs: Oct 31, 18 6:46
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It would be great if they listed the actual models. The brands themselves are less important to me.

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worth noting that some of the shoes using pebax are using it in rigid/molded form (as a plate), while others, like the reebok and the nike turbo/vf are using it as blown foam for midsole/cushioning.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. I thinks no one else is using pebax that way.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018 Kona Shoe Count [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Does that mean the Pegasus is not the crowbar that will get you out of Hoka?

I run with Hokas all the time. Mainly Clifton 3 and Clayton 2. Pegasus Turbos are on the way so I will report back to you as soon as I try them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next